avr doper on atmega328p

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
lsellens

avr doper on atmega328p

Post by lsellens » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:28 am

Hi please pardon me if this is a common since question. I'm very new to microcontrollers I'm trying to get a usb programmer built so I can throw my dinosaur laptop with an lpt port back in the box I found it in. I'm looking to build the version of avr-doper found here http://rototron.info/default.aspx?Page= ... SBAVR.aspx only problem is I have a spare atmega328p but no atmega8's was wondering if the code will run on the 328p or if some modifications will need to be made? I've so far only used the arduino ide to play with code so I don't know what all goes on behind the scenes. I don't know much about fuse bits yet will I need to modify any on my 328p? I noticed something about modifing the atmega8s fuse bits in the readme that came with the source, but didnt know if I could use the same fusebit values on the atmega328 or if they need to be changed at all. I'm using linux with avrdude. Where can I find a good beginners guide thats not specific to the arduinos? Any help someone could offer is very much appreciated.

james90

Re: avr doper on atmega328p

Post by james90 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:07 am

I am also facing same problem, please do let me know if you got solution.

haniallexa

Re: avr doper on atmega328p

Post by haniallexa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:40 am

Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.You seem to be more practicable! keep up the good work! ,I've gain more knowledge and good information from your post thanks.