Need help regarding Mingw

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
zeeekay

Need help regarding Mingw

Post by zeeekay » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Hi... I am just starting with VUsb.. have used AVR in several projects previously inscluding USBTinyIsp... After going through the downloaded package from Objective development web, I can undersrand almost everything except of what will be going on PC side... for example the basic example that change status of LED through USB Port, I am unable to compile code for windows side application. In folder vusb-20100715\examples\custom-class\commandline

I have gotten makefile.windows.. for what purpose the file is..? I don't know even basics about makefile.. Is it compiled on command line..? I tried Mfile from WinAVR.. but could'nt understand how to use it.. please help.

frank26080115
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Need help regarding Mingw

Post by frank26080115 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:32 pm

If you are totally new to this, how about trying something less advanced than dealing with Mingw and makefiles and such? Go get Visual Studio (the express editions are free) and then use LibUsbDotNet (download it, install it, and in your Visual Studio project, "Add Reference" to the libusbdotnet.dll file it comes with).

I already knew C# so it took me 2 days to make a LCD display Google Talk messages

zeeekay

Post by zeeekay » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:53 am

Thank you, very much... have download LibUSB Dot Net and going through the examples...Thanks again for your guidance...

frank26080115
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by frank26080115 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Oh yea the provided LibUsbDotNet examples are great, just use the device finder to create the device and call the methods available on the device to communicate, like "ControlTransfer" for stuff you want to send to usbFunctionSetup to handle, really simple.