Which compiler is better for "V-USB"

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
sohrab

Which compiler is better for "V-USB"

Post by sohrab » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Hi,
i've just started learning v-usb.i am trying to just compile "hid mouse" Example.I use "atmel studio".can anyone explain me what shall i do? which files have to be included and which files are needed? i saw that there is a common problem in "atmel studio" that we have to declare some variables "const".may anyone please explain me all i need.and can tell me which ide do you use? and which is better for "V-Usb"? thanks.

abd_rmdn

Re: Which compiler is better for "V-USB"

Post by abd_rmdn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:20 am

hi,
in order to include the files in atmel studio u just need to click on the project and click add existing item.. then select all the files of the usb lib u wants....
next the "Const." problem is easy to be solved just put the word "const" before each line the compiler is telling u that it need to be constant...
after all that u just need to change some values either in the makefile or in the "usbdrv.h" i think.... the changes at ::
- the port number of D-
- the port number of D+
- the port name (ex. D ,or B..) by default "D"
- F_cpu value must be set the same number as ur crystal oscillator (this is found in the "usbdrvasm.s" file --i think-- _)

that's all i guess....