Serial tablet to USB adapter with Tiny45/85

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
mschoeldgen

Serial tablet to USB adapter with Tiny45/85

Post by mschoeldgen » Mon May 18, 2009 11:28 am

I've made a USB HID device with absolute pointer for an older quality digitizer tablet - the Tektronix 4957. The code is straightforward and implements an interrupt driven serial receiver routine, a few conversions and tablet error handling. Might be interesting for other absolute pointer device creation and serial converters. Code is well commented but not 100% finished, my tablet still generates a few artefacts which i want to smooth out.
This project uses the ATTiny with an external 16 Mhz oscillator for best clock stability and was made using AVR Studio 4 and WinAVR.

http://www.schoeldgen.de/avr/

There's also a few assembler projects on that page. Enjoy !

ianholing

Re: Serial tablet to USB adapter with Tiny45/85

Post by ianholing » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Did you manage to click? I finally manage to move cursor with absolute position inside my screen, but.. the click looks like another battle :( It works really strange and sometimes it clicks in a significant less Y position :( only Y in fact... the X point looks good always.

ianholing

Re: Serial tablet to USB adapter with Tiny45/85

Post by ianholing » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:42 pm

Feel a bit stupid, was stuck during days and I've only been sending a bad size of data :/
Thanks anyway! It works finally!