[SOLVED] New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
CaCO3

[SOLVED] New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine

Post by CaCO3 » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi all

I have a very weird problem. It might be that I oversee a very basic thing, so I would appreciate your advice.

I have build a board with an attiny85 and tested it with the EasyLogger firmware.
It works fine. Also when I compile it myself, there is no problem.

How ever, if I try to run any of the examples (hid-mouse or custom-class) of the official V-USB downloads it always failes.
I adapted the make file as well as the pinning in usbconf.h and can compile and flash it successfully.
How ever I always get the "unable to enumerate USB device" error.
I even went as far and replaced the make file by the (working) one from EasyLogger, but still no success.
I also compared the usbconf.h, but there are a lot of differences, so its hard to find whats wrong.

What I figured out:
The working examples (EasyLogger and some others) use old code (usbconf.h has revision 573 from 2008).
So if somebody would have a working example (source+make file) from 2010 (revision 785) that would help me a lot.
Last edited by CaCO3 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CaCO3

Re: New examples do not work, but EasyLogger works fine

Post by CaCO3 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:17 pm

All right, I got it working now.
Had to change quite a few things.
As it was not a very obvious way, I documented it on my blog: http://www.ruinelli.ch/how-to-use-v-usb-on-an-attiny85
There is also patched version for download.