Displaying An Animation When Device Get Plugged

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
superrockstar

Displaying An Animation When Device Get Plugged

Post by superrockstar » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:35 am

Hİ All...
Is it possible to show an animation when device is plugged to the computer? Toshiba usb flash memories are shows an animation when plugged already, but can we show with easylogger or another project too?
Thanks in advance...

_frank26080115

Re: Displaying An Animation When Device Get Plugged

Post by _frank26080115 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:53 am

where do you want the animation? if it's on the computer screen, just write an app. if it's on the device, just detect the power from the USB port, or use the USB reset event hook.

superrockstar

Post by superrockstar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:11 am

_frank26080115 wrote:where do you want the animation? if it's on the computer screen, just write an app. if it's on the device, just detect the power from the USB port, or use the USB reset event hook.

I want to show this animation on desktop(top off all window?), it can be a Text too but must work any computer without any external application... Thnak you for replying..

dzairo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dzairo » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:41 pm

on first you must create application what still run on back on OS like process.
then if detect plugged USB then show message with defined so window is still on top of all .

superrockstar

Post by superrockstar » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:20 pm

dzairo wrote:on first you must create application what still run on back on OS like process.
then if detect plugged USB then show message with defined so window is still on top of all .

This is good solution thank you... But i just want to know that how can i play this animation without any application..For example toshiba USB Memory sticks
there is a animation playing about balls when u connect ur stick to the pc its interesting....

maxi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by maxi » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Just a wild guess, since it is a mass-storage class device, the actual splash animation may well be an executable file stored on the drive itself that gets 'autorun' on connection. I doubt very much this will be possible for any V-USB device regardless.

_frank26080115

Post by _frank26080115 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:09 am

I'm going to say that it's almost impossible. Autorun is likely disabled by default anyways.
What most likely happened was when Windows detected the Toshiba USB stick, it searched through Microsoft's database to automatically download and install a small application that was written by Toshiba, and Toshiba has to pay Microsoft a lot of money.

superrockstar

Post by superrockstar » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:04 am

_frank26080115 wrote:I'm going to say that it's almost impossible. Autorun is likely disabled by default anyways.
What most likely happened was when Windows detected the Toshiba USB stick, it searched through Microsoft's database to automatically download and install a small application that was written by Toshiba, and Toshiba has to pay Microsoft a lot of money.

We must try to the stick without internet connection, then we can know that is it need to internet for downloading any application from database...