Atmega168 - any usb ?

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
Ingmar

Atmega168 - any usb ?

Post by Ingmar » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:38 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying for three days to get any of the USB implementations working on an atmega168 but with no luck at all. I built a "Powerswitch" using the 2313 and that works fine, I also tried some of the C64 hid code in the 2313 and again it worked. Now I have tried two different boards, one on strip board and the other on a breadboard at both 12 and 16MHz but nothing works.

Can someone reassure me that these designs (USBasp etc) do really work on the 168 ?

It's very frustrating ! I have also tried various PC as the USB host.

My 168 (also tried multiple chips) do work as I can run the typical LED flashing code.

Cheers,

Ingmar

mbanzi

Post by mbanzi » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:10 am

hello

I have a few prototypes running on atmega168 at 12MHz without problems.

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:24 pm

I have been playing a little more and I have discovered that if I burn the ready compiled mega168_16.hex file into my device then it works, but only once until I reset it. This suggests problems with my lock bits I guess, more digging to do in code that is supposed to work, at least supposed to be ready to compile and go !

Does anyone have the CORRECT values for the mega168 fuse bits and the correct BOOTLOADER_ADDRESS value to go in the Makefile for the mega168 with USBaspLoader ??

:)

Thanks..

Ingmar

Post by Ingmar » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:44 pm

Well I'm confused. :wink: I reinstalled the whole USBasp etc directory and made only the 16MHz & no-eeprom (to make it fit) changes and the image compiled and worked..

So back to studying fuse settings etc as I must have messed them up before. Does not explain the other projects not working either but at least my confidence in my hardware is restored!

Cheers.