back to 8 from 168 very confused?

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
ulao
Rank 4
Rank 4

back to 8 from 168 very confused?

Post by ulao » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:02 pm

I had a project that was designed on a atmega8, I since upgrade and made many change to it. It now runs on a 168. My project increased in size so to save space and speed I removed all of the timer code ( TCCR0 , TCCR2, and a few others). The code works great and has ever since on the 168 but I needed to rid of a few 8 chips and cut down the project to do so. I made all of the changes and the mega8 will not enumerate but does run the code ( as I can blink leds ). I tried putting the 1 watt back on but didnt help

Do the mega8's require a timer to work with usb-v and the 168s do not?

Just for fun I put the 168 chip in , wrote atmega8 fuses bytes to it with the device set to 8 and change the make file to mega8, and it works on the 168 chip just fine? yet not on the 8 chip?

UPDATE:
ok its something in the usbdrv folder that is causing the issues. I tried an old version of usb-v and it works however I need the new version with the disconnect and reconnect functions. grabbed the latest code and still get enumeration failed.

FYI: One thing I saw with the newest code is I needed this un-commented for the 168 to even work.

#define USBATTR_BUSPOWER 0x80 // USB 1.1 does not define this value any more

Another bit of info:

I tried to run the hid-mouse and I still can not get the atmage8 to work on it.