PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
czosnekltd

PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A

Post by czosnekltd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:46 pm

Welcome.
I built a system "PowerSwitch" based the ATTINY2313 by the example of http://blog.ok1cdj.com/2012/05/univerza ... y2313.html. The system works perfectly :D

Then I built another two layouts for my friends, but mistakenly bought ATtiny2313A (instead ATtiny2313).
After uploading the original file * hex unfortunately system "PowerSwitch" does not work.
I have absolutely no programming experience so my question is: Is it possible to run "PowerSwitch" onATtiny2313A microcontroller? Is the honorable forum members are able to help me with this?
I greet
Tom

Mr Onak

Re: PowerSwitch on Attiny2313A

Post by Mr Onak » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Hey :)

I have no experience with the A variant of the 2313 but I did a few things on the ATTiny2313 (without A).
Just had a look at http://www.atmel.com/images/doc8261.pdf which outlines the differences between the two and judging from that it should just run right out of the box. Did you try?

Good luck!

Mr Onak

Post by Mr Onak » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Meh... should have read all of your post, obviously you've tried it... sorry for that :D
Well thing is the chips are virtually identical. Did you double-check the circuitry? I'd still say the code should run right out of the box.

czosnekltd

Post by czosnekltd » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm

Mr Onak wrote:Meh... should have read all of your post, obviously you've tried it... sorry for that :D
Well thing is the chips are virtually identical. Did you double-check the circuitry? I'd still say the code should run right out of the box.

I tested ATtiny2313A microcontrollers programmed on the proven operating the printed circuit board (equipped with a stand under microprocessor) so any error in the PCB is absolutely excluded - the same PCB is working correctly with the AT2313.
Ive loaded up the program (* .hex) using the software AVR-OSPII. Today ive loaded program (* .hex) using the software "mkAVR Calculator" but this change did not bring improvement.
In both cases, after installing the microcontroller, PowerSwitch does not work (Windows does not recognize the USB device)
My programmer is "USB AVR PROG", which certainly supports ATTINY2313 but I have no information about his collaboration with ATtiny2313 :(.
Please further suggestions
Tom

blargg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by blargg » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:42 am

Did you program all the fuses the same as on the attiny2313a? (and not rely on any defaults, i.e. not write some of the fuse bytes)

czosnekltd

Post by czosnekltd » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 pm

blargg wrote:Did you program all the fuses the same as on the attiny2313a? (and not rely on any defaults, i.e. not write some of the fuse bytes)

The AVR-OSPII despite choosing the option of programming fusebits, none of them programmed. In the "mkAVR Calculator" pointed fusebits programming, and achieved success. :). The system has been programmed ATtiny2313 and an operating system works.
In conclusion, my mistake was not programmed fusebits.
Thank you for your help
Regards

MrOnak

Post by MrOnak » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:10 pm

Yay! Glad you got it to work!

blargg
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by blargg » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:19 pm

Fuses are always the thing I forget. It's sort of like having two apparently identical PCs, where one has some problem, and you eventually track it down to some obscure CMOS setting that differed. Fuses/CMOS are great but easily overlooked.