HIDKeys (and other examples) dont seem to work [ATMEGA32]

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
terronis

HIDKeys (and other examples) dont seem to work [ATMEGA32]

Post by terronis » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:47 pm

Im doing a project for uni, for which i need to create a HID keyboard/mouse combo. One of the academics designed a dev board which is based around an ATMEGA32 (see here for the schematic: http://pjradcliffe.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/open_usbio_schematic.pdf).

My development environment consists of
compiler: winavr
communication protocol: STK500

As i mentioned in the title, ive used the HIDKeys example (as well as quite a few other projects hosted here) and none of them work. Just in case you ask:
- ive changed the USB_CFG_DMINUS_BIT and USB_CFG_DPLUS_BIT to suit the board
- ive changed the mmcu compile flag in the make file to suit
- the fuse bits are 0xC9 (HIGH) and 0xDE (LOW), to be honest, im not sure what these should be set to...

So basically, after the above modifications, i compile and flash the chip. Unplug the usb cable and replug. All i get is a tooltip bubble saying "Device not recognised". Ive been using a program called USB View to try to get more info, but all that tells me is that its caused an enumeration error (DeviceFailedEnumeration).

Thanks for any help you can give me. If there is any other info needed, i'll get it to you as soon as possible, just ask.

Anthony

terronis

Re: HIDKeys (and other examples) dont seem to work [ATMEGA32]

Post by terronis » Sun May 02, 2010 7:23 am

Well, thank you all very much for this fine example of your support for your products.

Obviously you can stick your products up your collective arses.

maxi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by maxi » Mon May 03, 2010 4:17 am

I am sorry to here that the free support for this free software does not meet your expectations.
Although I must say that the firmware works fine with ATmega32 IME. I guess you must have done something wrong :roll:

frank26080115
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by frank26080115 » Mon May 03, 2010 5:36 am

Your fuses might be wrong, double check them
Here are your current settings

http://frank.circleofcurrent.com/fuseca ... LOCKBIT=FF

I'd recommend these settings

http://frank.circleofcurrent.com/fuseca ... LOCKBIT=FF

The change was from a low frequency crystal setting to a high frequency crystal setting (I think anything greater than 8 MHz counts as "high frequency")

Grendel
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Grendel » Mon May 03, 2010 8:39 am

terronis wrote:Well, thank you all very much for this fine example of your support for your products.

Obviously you can stick your products up your collective arses.

Welcome in the real world where you have to think for yourself and actually read documentation.

This is a low-frequency forum for a free "product", any support here is given by people enthusiastic about it -- for free. Take it or leave it but don't start throwing a fit if nobody helps you immediately. You will not hold any job very long if that's your mode of operation.