Arduino and AVRUSB integration progress

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
follower

Arduino and AVRUSB integration progress

Post by follower » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:54 am

Hi,

Since the topic of Arduino and AVRUSB integration has appeared on this board and other places in the past I thought I'd mention a couple of links if people were interested in pursuing Arduino/AVRUSB integration.

I've successfully built a "mini-shield" with the required components for USB connections and have integrated the AVRUSB library into the Arduino environment.

At the moment I've got a USB HID Keyboard demo working successfully with Mac OS X and Apple hardware.

If you're interested in following the project, building your own shield or using the code (I've posted an initial alpha release) you can check out my Arduino and AVRUSB Project Log or the associated Arduino forums Arduino and AVRUSB thread.

I've no idea at what point the integration breaks down as I haven't pushed it very hard but it's progress. It's also not entirely integrated smoothly so there's still room for more work there but I'm pretty pleased with the progress so far.

Thanks to obdev for their work on AVRUSB.

--Phil.

apollononnno
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Arduino and AVRUSB integration progress

Post by apollononnno » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:20 pm

hi,
I plan a boat loader in "mega168, mega164p, mega64, mega128", but do not advance because I do not understand it well.

apollononnno
Rank 1
Rank 1

"16MHz168pboot.hex"D+_PD2,D-_PD4 for arduino ?

Post by apollononnno » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:10 am

I'm sorry.
I seem to have interfered with my hexafile.
I withdrew it immediately.
Last edited by apollononnno on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:48 pm

@follower: Thanks for these very valuable links! I'll add your project log to Metaboard because the Arduino integration is especially interesting for this prototyping board!

@apollononnno: Why to you post hex files to some threads?