AVR Doper

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:33 pm

If it works with some computers and not with others, it's most likely a problem with the zener diodes. Either they are not built-in, or they are not low power types or have the wrong threshold voltage.

AVR-Doper does not support AT89 chips. Don't know whether your source has modified the code, though.

DeathOfPower

Post by DeathOfPower » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm

christian wrote:If it works with some computers and not with others, it's most likely a problem with the zener diodes. Either they are not built-in, or they are not low power types or have the wrong threshold voltage.

AVR-Doper does not support AT89 chips. Don't know whether your source has modified the code, though.

it is works with computer with USB 1.1, not work at computer with USB 2.0, but if connect to computer with USB 2.0 thru the USB 1.1 hub - ist work.
With USB 1.1 - work, with USB 2.0 not work. But USB 2.0 is backward compatible with USB 1.1 and devices with USB 1.1 must works with USB 2.0 ports.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:13 pm

It's not a question of USB 1 or 2, it's a question of the chipset. Some USB chipsets accept voltages outside the specified range, others don't. Older chipsets accept 5 V levels on D+ and D-, most newer chipsets get outside their common mode range.

Troll_u

Re: AVR Doper

Post by Troll_u » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:12 am

Hi!

I have the same problem.
I use Windows 7 and XP, avrdude, STK500v2 (avrdoper port), device is Atmega64.

I get the same problem
Writing | avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): unknown status 0x80
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_paged_write: write command failed
################################################## | 100% 0.21s

avrdude.exe: failed to write flash memory, rc=-1

I can successfuly read fuses, eeprom, signature, flash, but i have this error while trying to write flash.
I tried to program device in HID mode (Windows 7) and HID and COM (Windows XP) - in both i have the same error.

I can program atmega32 (internal clock 1MHz) without any problem. Mega64 works with 16MHz crytal. This atmega64 is cpu of Turnigy 9x, RC transmitter (http://unitedhobbies.com/hobbyking/stor ... ady-01.jpg).

The voltage of my USB is ~ 4,79V. I connect my STK directly to motherboard USB port (notebook).

Do you know what can be wrong?

Troll_u

Re: AVR Doper

Post by Troll_u » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:24 am

So, I resolved my problem :)

It turned out that my USB port gives to small current (probably 100-200 mA for unregistered devices such as my programmer - my device takes more than 200 mA) or the USB voltage is to small (4,79V). I changed programmer jumper and now programmer is supplied from programmed device (which is powered by 5V), and all problems gone :-D

One post higher i wrote that read of eeprom and flash was OK - it wasn't. Programming my RC radio with this read-before software gives many "$#$#@$>.<?" on screen.

Sorry for my English ;)