need help to compile commandline application on windows

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
zeeekay

need help to compile commandline application on windows

Post by zeeekay » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi.. I have just started using VUSB.... I have tested all the firmwares of downloaded package after downloading them in my hardware... All of them are working for me.. But I am facing problems in compiling the command line on windows XP. I don't know what packages do I need to install to be able to compile it.. on compiling makefile.windows by:

make -f makefile.windows

I get two errors, regarding files not found... Following the readme file , I have download mingw and libusb but I don't know how to add their address in makefile.... it will be really helpful, if someone may explain step by step , how to compile commandline applications given in download package...

IvIePhisto

Re: need help to compile commandline application on windows

Post by IvIePhisto » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:40 pm

Sorry, I don't have the time to give you a step by step explanation, but I got it working on Windows with Cygwin (gcc and libusb required) and the compiler flag "-mno-cygwin", see the Dual Strike bootloader's Makefile.windows. Hope that helps :wink:

dehghanimeh

Post by dehghanimeh » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:17 pm

hi
1- install winavr
2- install mingw
3- install msys
4- download libusb-win32
5- copy libusb.a from libusb-win32\lib\gcc directory to MinGW\lib
6- run msys and go to the commandline directory
7- make -f MakeFile.windows
:wink:

zeeekay

Post by zeeekay » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:29 pm

hi ..Thank you very much dehghanimeh for your support.. what you wrote in ur post was so useful that I was easily able to compile all the commandline applications, given in vusb download package.. Its simply amazing..I will recommend other newbies as well to follow these instructions.. It just took me 45 minutes to install mingw and msys on my PC... Thank you again dehghanimeh.