V-USB + ATmega8 + HID device

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
martinus.org

V-USB + ATmega8 + HID device

Post by martinus.org » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:28 pm

Hi all,

could you please help me with couple of things in implementing my device?

The thing is I would like to have ATmega8 sending and receiving data via USB with PC software. The whole hardware consists of LEDs and switches connected to IO pins on Atmega8. This is just a school project to demonstrate SCADA device communicating with SCADA software "Control Web 5" (http://www.mii.cz/art?id=179&cat=94&lang=409). I will be happy enough with few digital inputs and outputs. I have already built a hardware, mostly according to "Metaboard" design. The device is working - i can program it via ISP and the LEDs are flashing according to the code which i load into the device. So far so good.

Now I would like to implement USB and I am stuck with following things. Would it be possible to solve my problem using V-USB? (I hope so) Will this work as a HID device so that I will not have to write a driver for it but only a plug-in for the above mentioned software? What would be the best solution for my device? I just don't know where to start with this :cry:

I would be very glad I you could help me to start building my project.

martinus.org

Re: V-USB + ATmega8 + HID device

Post by martinus.org » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Hi folks, I probably did not explain my problem very clearly. What I need is to get V-USB working in my ATmega8 to be able to read inputs and set outputs from software on PC. Command line interface (for windows) is all I need.

Can anybody here please help me build this? I am very desperate because I need it quickly done and I am not very good in C programming (I am much better with assembler). I am even willing to pay anyone who will help me, I am really so desperate :cry:

Thanks!

Saimon

Post by Saimon » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 pm

I can help to you. Please, write what do you want from AVR firmware and PC soft and give me you usb_config.h or give me you schematic. Write to lleeloo@mail.ru.
Best regards, Saimon!

martinus.org

Post by martinus.org » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:14 pm

Hi Simon,

thank you very much for your offer to help me. I have sent you an email describing my hardware and what I am trying to do with the software.

Regards
Martin

saurabh_jaluka

Post by saurabh_jaluka » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:17 pm

hi,i need your help i have the same project as u had...i am in my final year.
interfacing atmega8 and pc via usb : detail working
pc side software will send "hello' to microcontroller ,
atmega8 will read it and then reverses the string to "olleh"
and send it back to pc and then it is displayed in a text box.
please help me how to proceed as i am from software eng.
so i dont much about h/w but i will put my efforts please help me.

please reply soon as possible...
email : saurabh_jaluka2005@yahoo.com

AcuScorp

Post by AcuScorp » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 am

Hi I'd like you help me to understand how to use USB transmission I don´t know nothing about it and i like this issue. Would you like to help me to start to work on it

saurabh_jaluka

Post by saurabh_jaluka » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:00 pm

even i am in need of help....:-(

BorkFrey

Post by BorkFrey » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:57 pm

i'm attracted by the HID concept, too.
AcuScorp wrote:Hi I'd like you help me to understand how to use USB transmission I don´t know nothing about it and i like this issue. Would you like to help me to start to work on it
If anyone is familiar with transmission theory and can provide more detail on this topic, please.
Last edited by BorkFrey on Fri May 11, 2012 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Daid
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Daid » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:48 pm