Changing Automator for ATtiny45

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
Covenant

Post by Covenant » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:09 pm

Hi Everyone

My purpose is only detecting HID device in windows and read and write EEPROM.I want to use ATtiny45.
For this reason i start to remove some functionality of Automator to recduce hex file to be suitable for ATtiny45.
I remove following functions:

setOutput
getInput
getOutput
getStopkey
beep
UTIL_INTERRUPT
toggleLed
setLed
setRelayEnable

Also i comment " if ( TIFR & ... until pollAdc() " in the main() and change USB_CFG_IOPORTNAME to B because ATtiny45 has not PortD.
Also i change atmega8 to attiny45 in MakeFile.

With above changes it works still properly for Atmega8 and i can read and write EEPROM from a simple VC application but for ATtiny45 it does not recognize by windows as a HID device! I test some fuse bits also but problem still remain.

Has anyone any idea to solve this problem?

Regards

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:29 pm

Please have a look at projects based on the ATTiny45, such as i2c-tiny-usb or AVR-CDC.

covenant

Read and Write eeprom from high level

Post by covenant » Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks a lot.I solved the problem with new version of winavr.Now I want to send an address to tiny45 and read a byte of eeprom.I found eeprom_read_block in firmware and i can get all 256 byte of eeprom with HidD_GetFeature() api but i can't send an address and get only one byte!
Is there any idea about it?

Thanks a lot
Covenant

padidafzar

Post by padidafzar » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:11 pm

hi Everyone

my device is usb hid i don't have any problem to device detection but i only want to read and write eeprom from windows programming languages such as vc,delphi...
if you have a sample or link please send me .

thanks a lot

email: afshinmar@yahoo.com