AVR Doper HVSP problem. Can't get 12 volts

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
though

AVR Doper HVSP problem. Can't get 12 volts

Post by though » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:08 pm

Hello. I can't get 12 volts after D3. It's only around 4.5 volts. T2 base voltage is around 0.6 volts which is ok as I read from previous posts. And T2 gets really hot when I plug in the thing to USB of my computer. At some older posts some other guy also had a similar problem like mine and resolved it but he hadn't explained how.

I was thinking of debugging this problem step by step. So I'd like to ask if it is ok to build only the boost up portion of the circuit (+5v, inductor, T2 and its 10k resistor, diode and 2 capacitors and nothing more) to see if I am able to get 12 volts like this. And so I'd like to learn what type of switching signal do I have to apply to the 10k resistor of T2?

jdavilag

Re: AVR Doper HVSP problem. Can't get 12 volts

Post by jdavilag » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi though, I think you have a faulty transistor , if it gets hot probably it is not switching as it should, seems to be always activated. check your transistor and verify your a getting the switching signal coming out of your microcontroller.

Ross_ValuSoft

Post by Ross_ValuSoft » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:24 am

Do you seriously believe that the original poster has been sitting around waiting more than 5 years for your reply?

jdavilag

Post by jdavilag » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:04 pm

just to make it clear in case someone else has this problem. in fact why are you replying?

waleed030

Post by waleed030 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 6:25 am

I was thinking of debugging this problem step by step. So I'd like to ask if it is ok to build only the boost up portion of the circuit (+5v, inductor, T2 and its 10k resistor, diode and 2 capacitors and nothing more) to see if I am able to get 12 volts like this. And so I'd like to learn what type of switching signal do I have to apply to the 10k resistor of T2?