SPI and V-USB

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
user1981

SPI and V-USB

Post by user1981 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Hello. I am beginner in V-USB and AVR. It is possible to read the data from sensor over SPI and to convert it to keystrokes. How can I do it? There are no similar projects. Can someone give me a tip?

best regards

maxi
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: SPI and V-USB

Post by maxi » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:27 am

Hi, I'm pretty new to all this stuff myself but I would suggest that you first get aquainted with your chosen AVR before tackling V-USB. For AVR specific stuff I would recommend posting on the AVRfreaks forum. http://www.avrfreaks.net. Once you get your sensor wotking with SPI (if that's indeed possible) then look at one of the many keyboard examples and see if you can figure a way to convert your gathered data into keystrokes.

Ofcourse if you get stuck with a V-USB specific issue then you should post again here, providing as much background info as you can.

Good luck :)

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: SPI and V-USB

Post by christian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:43 am

There should be no problems mixing SPI and USB. I think there are even examples which convert SPI to USB. I do know about TWI to USB examples.