Any working XInput compatible code?

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
vputz

Any working XInput compatible code?

Post by vputz » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:38 am

I've got my device working as a combination HID 6-axis 16-button joystick/keyboard/mouse monstrosity, and that handles a lot of things, but it'd be really nice to get it working for, well, games. And most games nowadays use XInput, which means they don't see DirectInput compatible devices... so while my device shows up nicely as a game controller under the game controllers applet, it's not visible in games (irritating).

This has been a problem ever since MS moved to XInput. Has there ever been a working XBox/X360 controller from V-USB? I've seen a few threads and just haven't been clear on actual working code.

Cheers,
VPutz

ulao
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Any working XInput compatible code?

Post by ulao » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:07 am

Most all v-usb protects are HID and there are no descriptors to mach ximput that I know of. The only way to accomplish this is to write a xinput virtual driver and communicate with the vender specific in the device config. Or to do what red Cloud did with that XBCD driver but make it a xinput instead. Either way there is no ease method.

Coda

Re: Any working XInput compatible code?

Post by Coda » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:56 pm

Well there may be a (not quite so easy) way. I have used X360ce in the past to remap my PS2 pad's USB HID to Xinput. It can be a PITA to set up but it works (if your HID device code is well written).