AVR Compatibility list

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
Inuyasha10121

AVR Compatibility list

Post by Inuyasha10121 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:59 pm

I was wondering if ATmega169 was compatible with V-USB. I'm trying to make an arcade controller, and I need about 30 I/O pins...Also, if someone knows of something else(finding one with a through-hole casing would be amazing) I'd love to hear your ideas!

Inuyasha10121

Re: AVR Compatibility list

Post by Inuyasha10121 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:01 pm

Agh, sorry. Also, I was wondering if there was just a list of compatible AVRs for this, thats the main point of the thread, and I left it out, lol.

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: AVR Compatibility list

Post by christian » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:34 am

I have not tested this particular chip myself, but since V-USB needs almost no hardware resources, it works on all AVRs which have at least 128 bytes RAM and 2 kBytes Flash. The Mega169 meets these criteria.

You may have problems with devices with more than 64 kBytes of Flash when you use a boot loader due to descriptor table addressing. The tables are addressed with a 16 bit pointer. For normal code, gcc puts the tables at the start of Flash, so there should be no problem.