Uresponsive and disappears from device manager

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
Shad0wca7

Uresponsive and disappears from device manager

Post by Shad0wca7 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Hi everyone, I built a couple of avr-usb devices. Using 3.6v zener diode and some 63 Ohm resistors. Everything works great when plugged in and they usually work great for a few days.. but every now and then they become unresponsive and disappear from the device manager.

I have to physically unplug them then plug them back in for the device to reappear. Rebooting the PC doesn't work...

I was sure I saw a couple of threads mentioning things like this when I first started looking into V-USB but I can't find them at all now....Does anyone have any pointers?

_Petya_

Re: Uresponsive and disappears from device manager

Post by _Petya_ » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:07 pm

I can confirm the exactly same issue, PowerSwitch project, using tiny2313, 3.6V zeners, and 68 Ohm resistors.

I use Linux, and the same thing happens, the device suddenly disappears (from lsusb output), and rebootong the PC doesn't help, I have to unplug the device from USB, and plug it back.

Maybe we could set up some kind of watchdog? We need to figure out, what's happening. It is the AVR that's freezing up, or maybe the USB host?

edit: maybe something like this would help: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5730

regards,
Petya