HIDKeys on Atmega328P

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
moppa

HIDKeys on Atmega328P

Post by moppa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Hello!

I've got my Atmega 328P up and running with the Powerswitch project and it is working flawlessly. Some tweaking had to be made so it used the correct pins and i had to flash the fuse bytes. When i connect it to my linux computer it says

Code: Select all

kernel: usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 78

once (as it should) and then i can send commands to it using the command line program. Great!

But now i wanted to get the HIDKeys project running and I seem to be out of luck. I'm using 12M external osc and 2 rectifier diodes for level conversion (this worked in the Powerswitch project). I've edited mmcu flag so it says mega328p in the Makefile. The code compiles fine, but when i connect the project then i get the following:

Code: Select all

kernel: usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 90
kernel: usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 91
kernel: usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 92
kernel: usb 2-2: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 93

And when i connect it to a windows computer i get the Device unknown message.

Can anybody help?

sbm

Re: HIDKeys on Atmega328P

Post by sbm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:01 pm

Moppa,

I've been working on getting power switch to work on a 328p. I am using usb data pins on port d 2 and 4 and a single LED on PC5. I am using a 16Mhz crystal. I have a usb boatloader on the chip so know the usb works with the crystal and fuse settings. What did you change to make it work for your 328p?

Thanks