Could not find USB device "LEDControl" vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

General discussions about V-USB, our firmware-only implementation of a low speed USB device on Atmel's AVR microcontrollers
errorex

Could not find USB device "LEDControl" vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

Post by errorex » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:19 pm

sorry my english
I am triying to understand how the cunstom-class example works... i programmed a atmega8 with the firmware, put on my pc usb port but when execute de host program show the message.

"Could not find USB device "LEDControl" with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc"

I don´t know if i have to intall some driver or how its really works...

I using windows xp, I compile the firmware with winavr, and the host software with code::blocks...

Somebody can help me???

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Could not find USB device "LEDControl" vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc

Post by christian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:03 pm

This is a problem with your device. Probably something with the wiring, with the zener diodes or with the fuses. Did you compile for the Mega8? I think the hex files which ship with the examples are compiled for the Mega168.

errorex

Post by errorex » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:00 pm

I give-up the led control and i using the example hid-data and it´s working good now... thanks for your reply.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:43 am

I have a problem width this example too. After make hex and write it to device I see usb device installation dialog. But where I can find driver for this installation?

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:45 am

The examples are primarily for the AVR side. On Windows, you need libusb-win32 for the low level device driver.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:16 pm

Hi, I have exact same problem with the custom class example. Device is not found. The device works OK, if I flash some other firmware (tried with e.g. usbasp).

Running this in Linux (Ubuntu 9.04, avr-gcc 4.3.2). With root permissions. Device is not found with 'lsusb' command either.

Tried on two devices, both circuits build upon the circuit from usbasp (and both do work as programmers). Using ATmega 168, crystal 12MHz on one board, 16 MHz on the other.
Tried both vusb 20090822 (12 and 16 MHz) and vusb-20090415 (12MHz only)

I'd rather had implemented my project as a custom class as it is documented:
Advantages:
* Easy to implement on the device.
* Easy to write host side software on Unix.

, but I'll try other classes now :mrgreen:

christian
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by christian » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:51 pm

If the device is not recognized, there's probably a very basic communication problem.

Is this the 168p? AVR-libc does not support the compatibility defines for interrupt vectors for P suffix devices any more. This means that you must either define USB_INTR_VECTOR to INT0_vect in usbconfig.h or choose a similar non-P-suffix chip when you compile. This particular issue (INT0_vect instead of SIG_INTERRUPT0) will be fixed in the next release.

Post by Guest » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Oops... :oops: Its a mega168 without the p, allright.

Found the issue. Had to change a few "minor details" to better reflect my circuit...

Code: Select all

usbconfig.h:#define USB_CFG_IOPORTNAME      B
usbconfig.h:#define USB_CFG_DMINUS_BIT      0
usbconfig.h:#define USB_CFG_DPLUS_BIT       1

Et voila!
Had to change the port of the LED also. And the LED turns off when I issue "./set_led on".
But otherwise looking much better. Thanks for the moral support. (& thanks for the nice V-USB!)

Now for some custom class hacking!