"Open With" not working -- hoping someone can help

General discussions about LaunchBar
signupsammy

"Open With" not working -- hoping someone can help

Postby signupsammy » Wed May 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Hi,

I've noticed since upgrading to Launchbar 6 the send/"open with" functionality is not working for me like it did before.

Example: I invoke Launchbar, search a band name, arrow over to 'x albums', select all, keystroke [TAB], and the "Open With?" message comes up. So far so good. I then type/select an app name, say "Cog", and hit return. I expect the songs to open in Cog. Instead I hear a system sound ('Funk'), but the action does not happen -- and Launchbar remains invoked, with my selection sitting there staring at me like I'm an idiot.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but can't for the life of me figure it out.

Thanks.

ratty
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: "Open With" not working -- hoping someone can help

Postby ratty » Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm

I think it's because those albums are LB object's, i.e. they are not files. They are there to be used for playing, creating playlists etc. If you select any music files, then "Send To" should work just fine.

signupsammy

Re: "Open With" not working -- hoping someone can help

Postby signupsammy » Tue May 12, 2015 8:30 am

@ratty -- thank you for your reply.

After reading your post I tried it with the actual song files (so when I hit tab for 'Instant Send' then type 'Cog' LB displays "10 Songs --> Open With Cog".

But when I hit [return], the result is as follows: System Sound "Funk" is emitted, and the LB display changes from "10 Songs --> Open With Cog" to "10 Songs". (in case the additional info is helpful, if I then hit [return] again, the songs are opened with iTunes.

Stumped. And frustrated.

Thanks much if you or any one else has any additional thoughts.

Return to “LaunchBar General”