Opening a Mail mailbox

General discussions about LaunchBar
richramos

Opening a Mail mailbox

Post by richramos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:28 pm

I've search through the forums and AFAICT this hasn't been discussed, which surprises me, so if there's a thread just point me at it.

I would like to be able to quickly open a specific mailbox folder in Mail and cannot seem to find an easy way to do this. Obviously best case would be just start typing a few letter of the name of the mailbox and hit return and have mail app open to that specific mailbox showing me the emails inside the folder. Is this possible? Is anyone doing this?

Thanks,
Rich

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ludwigschubert » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 am

OK, I got it sorta working:
navigate to ~/Library/Mail/.
There you will see your local Accounts and your IMAP/POP Acounts.
Get those ".mbox" or ".imapbox" files that you want to open in mail into your Configuration. I used the root folder of my IMAP account and limited it to "no subfolders" but YMMV so you might just want to create a custom rule.

In LaunchBar you can send them to mail and it will open the right mailbox for you.

Good luck,
Ludwig

PS: This seems rather easy to integrate into LaunchBar itself. I'd suggest after you've tried it out and saw whether it worked for you, we should file that as a feature request.

richramos

Post by richramos » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Ah, SEND the folder TO mail. I had tried the rest, but hadn't thought of actually sending the folder itself to Mail. That does answer the original post, however I now have a bigger request, but I will post a new topic on it.

Thanks,
Rich

ludwigschubert
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by ludwigschubert » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:02 pm

I'm intrigued as to what it could be about :D

richramos

Post by richramos » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:31 am