Snippets Restrictions

General discussions about LaunchBar
beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Snippets Restrictions

Postby beerich » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:16 pm

Hi folks.

I'm hoping I'm overlooking the value of Snippets. I'm often wanting keyboard shortcuts for bits of code I'm wanting to get at. I'm tired of writing "PostgreSQL" as it's cumbersome. It doesn't flow nicely and I find myself cursing every time I need to refer to it. PG is a gem that works with PostgreSQL, and it was wisely named that for quick flow. But due to this nature, I can't ask the OS to replace 'pg' with 'PostgreSQL' as this would mess up my workflow.

In comes Launchbar.

I'd wish/hope/like for Launchbar to have such a feature where if I asked Launchbar specifically to fetch 'PostgreSQL' when I enter 'pg'. But, Snippets are named on the text they represent, disallowing any quick key combination association.

Any ideas or thoughts out there? Efficiency is a main reason i love LB. We even use LB as its moniker in here, just to demonstrate the power of being efficient.

Cheers

twd

Re: Snippets Restrictions

Postby twd » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:35 am

You can build your appropriate postgresql snippet and assign an abbreviation of pg to it. You then can use your shortcut key sequence to bring up snippets in the launchbar, type pg + enter and the snippet will be inserted at your cursor position in whatever editor you happen to be using.

beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Snippets Restrictions

Postby beerich » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:30 pm

Excellent. Didn't know I could assign to snippets. I guess they're an object all the same.

Return to “LaunchBar General”