Modifier taps suddenly stopped working

General discussions about LaunchBar
davemee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Modifier taps suddenly stopped working

Postby davemee » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:08 pm

(LaunchBar 6.9.5, macOS 10.13.5)

My modifier taps (double-⌘, double-⌥) no longer open LaunchBar. I have no idea why.

None of the other modifier options work either, it's like LaunchBar has just decided to ignore "Modifier Taps" shortcuts!

Is this a known issue or has anyone come across something similar (or better still, a solution?)

- Dave

davemee
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Modifier taps suddenly stopped working

Postby davemee » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:57 am

It would be good of me to follow up on this.

I quit LB and restarted it several times. I re-installed it, but only replacing the Application itself (terrified of losing my settings from a total appnuke). This had no effect.

A Little Snitch update took me on a mac restart journey, and behold, Launchbar sprung back into life as before.

So in summary - this may have been something else unrelated to LB, I just don't know, and can't identify what it may have been anyway. Restarting the system brought everything back to normal.

Hope that's of use to anyone else who stumbles into the same problem. It always boils down to 'turn it off and on again' :|

pwalessi

Re: Modifier taps suddenly stopped working

Postby pwalessi » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:34 pm

I have the same problem. Modifier taps just stop working sometimes and the only way to get them back is to reboot.

:(

EDIT: I got them to come back by going into the LB prefs and setting the modifier tap sequence to NONE. Then, quit LB. Then relaunch and set the modifier tap back to what you want.

It's a bad hack, but it obviates the need to reboot.

Return to “LaunchBar General”