System Preference 'Allow' not working

General discussions about Little Snitch
siberiax

System Preference 'Allow' not working

Postby siberiax » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:10 pm

I am trying to install Little Snitch 4.0.6, and when it prompts me to go into System Preferences to allow "Objective Development Software GmbH" I click allow, but nothing happens. The System Preferences screen just says there and nothing new happens in the Little Snitch Installer Window.

I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4

smn
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: System Preference 'Allow' not working

Postby smn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:09 pm

This could be related to some extended security mechanisms of the macOS system. Pressing the Allow button won’t take effect if you are connecting to the machine via Remote Desktop/screen-sharing, or if the mouse/trackpad is emulated by a 3rd party application (MagicPrefs, BetterTouchTool, Synergy, etc.) Hope this helps.

LLCoolJ94

Postby LLCoolJ94 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:07 am

smn wrote:This could be related to some extended security mechanisms of the macOS system. Pressing the Allow button won’t take effect if you are connecting to the machine via Remote Desktop/screen-sharing, or if the mouse/trackpad is emulated by a 3rd party application (MagicPrefs, BetterTouchTool, Synergy, etc.) Hope this helps.

I apologize if this is a simple-minded question, I just want to make sure that I understood clearly:

So, if I'm using BetterTouchTool, then pressing the kernel does not see that I am pressing the Allow button in LS?

siberiax

Postby siberiax » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 am

smn wrote:This could be related to some extended security mechanisms of the macOS system. Pressing the Allow button won’t take effect if you are connecting to the machine via Remote Desktop/screen-sharing, or if the mouse/trackpad is emulated by a 3rd party application (MagicPrefs, BetterTouchTool, Synergy, etc.) Hope this helps.

I'm not using remote desktop, and my trackpad is just the normal trackpad.

austinrob

Postby austinrob » Wed May 16, 2018 10:06 am

same thing here. I have uninstalled anything that manages clicks. I had middleclick installed. Killed it. I had better touch tool installed long ago. It's been gone a while.

Using the physical touchpad on the physical laptop, I can't make "allow" actually do anything.

Return to “Little Snitch General”