NEW! WebYep RapidWeaver Stacks for WebYep 2

General discussions about WebYep
Will Woodgate

NEW! WebYep RapidWeaver Stacks for WebYep 2

Postby Will Woodgate » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Hi All!

[Newest build is linked-to further down this thread]

This is my first post here. As you may know, I took over development of the WebYep stacks for RapidWeaver in July 2017 from Tsooj Media. Quite a few people have been asking me what's happening with the stacks!

Well, a lot of work has been done to update and test the stacks for use with WebYep 2. Beyond the new icons, various meta data and markup has been overhauled. There are revised setup instructions. I have also added various new settings. Some WebYep stacks now support 'dummy content' so you can wireframe / mockup new websites more easily in RapidWeaver.

Both the updated stacks and WebYep 2 are seriously impressive. WebYep is a wonderful, long-established CMS to build with; flexible, secure, user friendly, multilingual, well supported and potentially very low-cost to deploy. The latest versions Max has been working on are exceptionally brilliant. In all seriousness, WebYep 2 is the nicest CMS I have worked with this year and I'm hooked on it!

You will need WebYep 2, for these stacks. I've lifted the minimum version of Stacks to API 10 (Stacks 3.5) so I could take advantage of some new features and better performance Isaiah Carew added a few months back. Documentation for the stacks is still being worked on. And I'll be dropping a few more teasers soon! More of my stacks may gain support for WebYep 2. During this Beta, support for automatic updates is disabled in the stacks.

Please do some heavy testing of the stacks. Be honest. Tell me what you like and anything you want improved. Obviously if you encounter any errors or bigger problems, please post them here or email me the details (via the Stacks4Stacks website: https://stacks4stacks.com).

These stacks will install themselves alongside older versions of WebYep. They will NOT change or overwrite existing WebYep stacks (these updated stacks have a new bundle identifier and are now signed by me). The same 'init' prefix code can be used as before. Start with the WebYep Assistant stack, and he'll guide you through the rest of the setup! I'd probably suggest you duplicate or start a new project, to test the stacks fully.

The release date of these stacks is still to be confirmed - much of this is dictated by when WebYep 2 will be released. In terms of pricing, the stacks will probably be no-more than $20 and will work with both the free and paid versions of WebYep 2. The stacks are licensed on a per-person basis (rather than per-website or per-domain) so you will have the freedom to use them in all the RapidWeaver websites you maintain.

If new Beta builds of these stacks are released, I will post updated links on this forum. You can also follow me on Twitter and Facebook, where I will be posting news about any further updates:
https://twitter.com/willwoodgate
https://www.facebook.com/mrwillwoodgate

Looking forward to hearing your feedback!
-Will.
Last edited by Will Woodgate on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Woodgate

Re: NEW! WebYep RapidWeaver Stacks for WebYep 2

Postby Will Woodgate » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:03 pm

New build:

Improved instructions displayed in edit mode for the assistant stack
    A couple of other minor changes

Happy Christmas and best wishes for the New Year! Our office is now closed through until mid-January, however I shall remain on-hand to answer any questions you have about WebYep stacks and possibly release some more builds. Keep your feedback coming! :D
Last edited by Will Woodgate on Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mfrieauff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Postby mfrieauff » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:53 pm

hi Will,
just saw this post - excellent news! How do I get a hold of WebYep 2 (the core system)? I can't find anything from Max. I think I can't use the new stacks unless I have WebYep 2 - is that right? Can you supply a copy for testing purposes?

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:29 pm

mfrieauff wrote:hi Will,
just saw this post - excellent news! How do I get a hold of WebYep 2 (the core system)? I can't find anything from Max. I think I can't use the new stacks unless I have WebYep 2 - is that right? Can you supply a copy for testing purposes?

Yes, you do still need the 'core' WebYep 2 system files. This folder contains your WebYep configuration, the code required by WebYep and becomes the storage location for your content / media. I think it would be best to message Max through these forums to ask for a copy. That way, he can keep track of who is testing it and you can communicate any difficulties you encounter with WebYep or the documentation directly to Max.

These stacks work to simply repackage the WebYep code snippets as modular stack elements to drag and drop into RapidWeaver generated webpages. Therefore masking the complicated code and providing a fast and user friendly GUI for getting your website WebYep editable. We also display some special 'init' code in preview mode, which allows you to continue previewing your website in RapidWeaver (without WebYep complaining about the system folder missing).

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Another Beta build of the WebYep stacks is available today, Monday 15th January. Download here:

The main focus of this update is on the WebYep Image Gallery stack. The WebYep Image Gallery is a perfect solution towards setting up a simple and mobile responsive thumbnail / lightbox gallery, complete with written captions. Site authors can then login to upload new images, delete old images or change the order of images. Perfect for product showcases, event galleries and portfolios.

Sneak-peak video: https://youtu.be/WIUrrWcZ20o

The stack settings for WebYep Image Gallery now include a slider control, where you can choose the number of responsive columns to place your images within. Up-to 6 columns are supported.

Some style options have been added, to customise the padding and alignment of thumbnails. Plus you can also modify the font size of your image captions; or disable thumbnail captions entirely by setting their size to '0px' in the settings.

An optional Font Awesome magnifying glass icon can be displayed on mouseover, which is a nice feature we've brought over from other image stacks. The colour of this icon can be set in RGBa, so again if you don't want it you can simply set its opacity slider to 0%.

The most significant addition comes in the form of the new 'Dummy Content In Preview' checkbox. When enabled, this will display 12 sample images in RapidWeaver preview, so you can get a better look and feel for your completed WebYep gallery, before publication to the web server.

As before, if you have any feedback or feature requests about this WebYep Stacks Beta build, now is the perfect time to speak out!

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:08 pm

Another Beta build of the WebYep stacks is available today, Friday 19th January. Download here:

Changes in this version include:
    Updated the instructions for the Short Text stack
    Short Text stack now has a 'custom' formatting option, from where you can easily change simple styling like alignment, font styles, size and colour
    Short Text content has class and ID selector applied, permitting further CSS or Javascript manipulation
    Long Text supports simple formatting options and has updated instructions displayed in edit mode
    The alignment of the WebYep Login padlock icon is now customisable in the stack settings
    The WebYep Login link is enclosed with a divisional container, to permit further CSS or Javascript manipulation

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:32 pm

Good evening WebYep folks! I hope your Friday is going well and like me you're looking forward to seeing some of the Winter Olympics coverage.

Tonight (Friday 9th February) there is another new build of the WebYep 2 stacks for you to download and have a play around with:

This version introduces a brand new WebYep Time Control stack in the package. This acts as a 'wrapper' for other WebYep stacks or many other stack types available for RapidWeaver. When a content author is logged into the website, they can change the start and end time, to control when the content within will be shown. It's great for handling time-sensitive content; like special promotions, competitions, event signups and suchlike.

Video demo: https://youtu.be/jwnxtbPU1oI

The old WebYep Loop stack had something called 'timed content' that did a similar job. However the advantage of this new modular stack is that it will work virtually anywhere and is not dependent on being inside a loop. So you can just as easily make an ordinarily block of written content or a image banner time-sensitive with this stack.

As you'd expect, the editing interface is very clean and 'client safe'! The start and end time is clearly shown to the user, together with customisable labels and instructions that tell the author what date/time format to use. Like with other WebYep stacks, the only mandatory settings are fieldnames for the start and end times. Content authors type the start and end times into Short Text areas. A rather ingenious setup.

Known issues: Loops don't appear to be working in PHP 7.1 or 7.2 currently. I believe this is an issue within the WebYep core that has already been ticketed.
Last edited by Will Woodgate on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:40 pm

New Beta build, Thursday 15th February:
[Latest build further down the thread]

The focus of this update has been on the WebYep Attachment stack. Some of the settings have been reordered / renamed. Support for dummy content in RapidWeaver preview has been added. The option is now provided to add an optional custom icon or thumbnail image alongside the file link. Additionally you can now click to align the link / icon either left, right or centred.

Screenshot: https://twitter.com/willwoodgate/status ... 3886275584
Last edited by Will Woodgate on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:24 pm

A little 'side project' which might be of interest to WebYep 2 users. I released a new (free) stack element for RapidWeaver this morning called CutOut:
https://stacks4stacks.com/cutout/

This stack uses the cool new 'shape-outside' CSS property to wrap text around floating images, using intricate shapes. A pretty neat effect that degrades gracefully in older web browsers that aren't yet supporting the CSS.

In the CutOut settings (where you can choose to select the preferred image and written content sources), I have added options for WebYep! Therefore once published to a page that already includes your 'init' code and Webyep Assistant / Login stacks, site authors will be able to login an add their own images and text. I thought this stack would be perfect for a task like a list of personal biographies. The image can be set as a link. Long text and rich text are supported for the written content. It would be safe to use inside a WebYep Loop too.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:30 pm

New Beta build, Tuesday 6th March:
[Newest build further down the thread]

It is hoped that this is the last public Beta build of the stacks, before a final release very soon. This is your FINAL CALL for any last minute feature requests! Changes in this build include:

New stack - WebYep Boolean
This allows site authors to toggle the display of webpage areas, using simple boolean conditional logic. To display an area, give it a boolean value of 'true'. Likewise to hide an area, give it a boolean value of 'false'. Perfect for switching webpage elements on and off (like messages, buttons or products). Content within the Boolean stacks is not permanently deleted if the conditional returns 'false' - it simply gets removed on the webpage. So content can be turned-on again at a later time, without needing to set it up again. Customisable instructions can be displayed for site authors to follow. Optionally you can use a different conditional value to test against, instead of the word 'true'.

Updates to WebYep Menu
Fixed a major bug that caused the menu stack to break pages it was put on. Improved documentation shown in Stacks edit mode, more relevant to RapidWeaver. Great to use for something like a product inventory or simple news feed. Few CMS solutions for RapidWeaver can generate new webpages - this stack offers a practical, workaround solution towards dynamic page generation.

New stack - WebYep Toggle
Generates a simple jQuery toggle accordion, within a WebYep Loop. Easy to setup. Ideal for content authors who want to setup panels of content that can open and close. Panels can be easily reordered, added or deleted as required. The toggle title is formed using a WebYep Short Text element. The toggle panel is 'freeform' and can contain any combination of stacks you want. Ideal for something like an FAQ page, legal information, instructions, product options etc.

Demo video of the toggle stack in action: https://youtu.be/gQX0rHWi-s0

Minor changes to the assistant stack
Added a new option to make the editing modal windows 'fixed' on the screen, which may improvement display in some RapidWeaver themes. Deleted a whole bunch of old v1 code that is no longer needed. Some small adjustments to satisfy Stacks 3.5.
Last edited by Will Woodgate on Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:19 pm

AND, We're live!!
https://stacks4stacks.com/webyep

Many thanks to each and everyone of you who took part in the public Beta and provided feedback. The updated WebYep stacks are now available for download / purchase at the above link.

This concludes the Beta test period. But please continue to supply any feedback or feature requests you have. The new stacks support automatic updates, so we'll be continuing to issue updates on regular intervals. More stacks or new features may get added to the existing collection.

mact

Postby mact » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Will Woodgate wrote:AND, We're live!!

Many thanks to each and everyone of you who took part in the public Beta and provided feedback. The updated WebYep stacks are now available for download / purchase at the above link.

This concludes the Beta test period. But please continue to supply any feedback or feature requests you have. The new stacks support automatic updates, so we'll be continuing to issue updates on regular intervals. More stacks or new features may get added to the existing collection.

Hi Will.

GREAT!!!! GREAT!!! GREAT!!!

So I´ll buy a version the next days and start immediately with my new projects (4 at the moment)! :-)
(but it's a "little" pity that there is no upgrade version for "old" customers) ;-)

Supplement:
Forgett about the "upgrade-version"!!!!!
First I read 164,- €! :lol:
But 16,49 € really is unbelievably cheap!!!! WOW, great price!!!
It is worth every Cent!!!! :-)

So, I already bougt my version ..... now the weekend can come (for "heavy-testing")! :-)

greetings, Tim.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 pm

mact wrote:
Will Woodgate wrote:AND, We're live!!

Hi Will.

GREAT!!!! GREAT!!! GREAT!!!

So I´ll buy a version the next days and start immediately with my new projects (4 at the moment)! :-)
(but it's a "little" pity that there is no upgrade version for "old" customers) ;-)

Supplement:
Forgett about the "upgrade-version"!!!!!
First I read 164,- €! :lol:
But 16,49 € really is unbelievably cheap!!!! WOW, great price!!!
It is worth every Cent!!!! :-)

So, I already bougt my version ..... now the weekend can come (for "heavy-testing")! :-)

greetings, Tim.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your kind words.

I only joined WebYep development back in September, by which time WebYep v2 was already very close towards completion. I've not used WebYep v1 so I don't know how it compares to v2. I don't know if there is a simple upgrade to v2. A couple of Beta testers hinted they had updated from an older version, but I don't know exactly what version they came from - if it was another v2 Beta or something older.

It might be as simple as copying your /data/ folder from v1 and putting it in your v2 installation. Then replacing the old stacks in your project with the newer ones - keeping the same fieldnames as before. However if the file format of v1 and v2 is different, then an automatic upgrade may not be possible. This might be a topic to speak with Max about. He can probably give a more definitive answer.

Yes, the WebYep stacks are a lot, lot cheaper than some of the other CMS stacks on the market for RapidWeaver. I just charge a small "pocket money" fee to try and offset some of the support and development costs. There are some CMS stacks that are way more expensive.

I hope you enjoy using the new version :)

-Will.

Will Woodgate

Postby Will Woodgate » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:38 pm

WebYep Stacks 2.0.1, Tuesday 13th March 2018
This version includes some important fixes and is strongly recommended for all users:

• The rich text stack is now correctly grouped with the other stacks, in certain viewing modes
• Fixes support for automatic updates for some users
• If an image element is not set as a link, the link markup is conditionally hidden
• Image elements no longer open in new windows by default
• Fixed a few typos in some tooltips
• Adding an option to toggle the display of loop controls on and off
• Fixes a problem in the toggle stack, whereby sessions were not unset
• Fixed an isolated problem that was causing two instances of 'Long Text' to sometimes get shown

If Stacks does not show the update to 'WebYep Assistant' for you automatically, simply download the latest version from your secure Paddle account, unzip the package, drag and drop it onto your RapidWeaver dock icon. Then restart RapidWeaver.

Another free update is in the process of being put together, which brings more layout options to the WebYep Gallery and adds more WebYep stacks to the package.

Return to “WebYep (english)”