Prevent connection alert while watching movie

General discussions about Little Snitch
joschaf

Prevent connection alert while watching movie

Postby joschaf » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 pm

I don't want to be bothered with connection alerts while I'm watching a video in full screen mode. Nobody wants to confirm an alert during movie night. So far the only solution seems to be the Silent Mode that has to be turned on and off manually, which is an annoying thing to do (and to remember to do) before and after the movie.

Is it possible for LS to discover when an application (esp. a video player) is in full screen mode, and turn on Silent Mode (Deny) automatically for the duration, and off afterwards? That would be enormously helpful and much appreciated.

#featurerequest

ELLIOTTCABLE

Re: Prevent connection alert while watching movie

Postby ELLIOTTCABLE » Tue May 02, 2017 9:11 am

Maybe it's just me; but the most obvious behaviour would be to (at least provide the option to) link Silent Mode to the system-wide Do Not Disturb setting. This gives:

• An easy way to toggle it (swipe in from edge of touch pad, swipe down, click ‘on’),
  • automatic support for video-players,
  • and intuitive respect of the user's wishes (I'd say Little Snitch is, admittedly intentionally, a ‘disturbance’ — wouldn't you?)

dbstevens

Postby dbstevens » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:45 pm

Though this thread is a year old, it relates to a larger suggestion I've been mulling over about how LS interrupts tasks. Perhaps a feature could be developed to allow silent mode to be invoked when certain applications are in the foreground. While watching movies is one obvious one. But sometimes the interruption is more than annoying. For instance, if I'm making a selection in Photoshop and a background process triggers LS, the alert dialogue interrupts my selecting. That's infuriating if it's a complex selection, which is quite frequent, and some busybody little app (or Google or Apple) decides it wants to peek in on what you're doing.

I LOVE Little Snitch and it's also been very educational. And I can't see uninstalling it. But because of the growing incidents of nosy apps and websites trying to access my network, the alerts are becoming more than a nuisance. They're interfering with my productivity and my good mood. :-)

We really do need a scheme that keeps LS alerts from interrupting our activities. I understand that for many connection attempts, the rule must be decided to allow the connection to continue. But an attempt from an app trying to check for updates, or Apple or Google deciding to look over my shoulder is not important enough to pop up a dialogue that interrupts my work.

Ideally, I'd LOVE an option to have the alerts operate as they do now, or to do something attention-seeking but in the background like flashing an icon in the menu bar. That would catch my attention but allow me to finish what I'm doing without losing my place. Then I could click the icon and address the connection attempt.

maktrend

Postby maktrend » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:53 am

Even I'm facing this problem. While watching free movies on Internet, a sudden popup appears on the mobile screen and I need to close the popup to continue watching. How did you solve this problem?

Zennice

Postby Zennice » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Yeah, Man Same thing happened with me when I was watching 300mb movies on worldfree4u. Then later I open a Chrome browser & added an extension called Touch VPN. I have set the Location to Canada & thereafter I did not see any popups I guess some of these websites push the ads to the particular location based audience. Be careful while using these websites.

Return to “Little Snitch General”