Using with VPN

General discussions about Little Snitch
LLCoolJ94

Re: Using with VPN

Postby LLCoolJ94 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:52 pm

Wouldn't this be most easily accomplished at the network level rather than the application level? I managed to accomplish the same task at the network level in under 5 minutes.

LLCoolJ94

Postby LLCoolJ94 » Wed May 09, 2018 7:56 pm

micjustin33 wrote:Your article is outdated, expressvpn failed to connect on netflix, netflix banned all vpn.. Read this updated expressvpn review

This is not true. I use several VPNs, ExpressVPN happens to be one of them. I connect to Netflix on both my Mac and phone daily without difficulty.

freddieodom

Postby freddieodom » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:10 pm

I have not experience with this problem. But, I searched a little and found a website VPNRanks where you cannot only choose a best VPN service but can get lots of information and resolve your technical issues as well.

HardyBrown

Postby HardyBrown » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:40 am

freddieodom wrote:I have not experience with this problem. But, I searched a little and found a website VPNRanks where you cannot only choose a best VPN service but can get lots of information and resolve your technical issues as well.

This issue is indeed complicated and instead of search other places, i would recommend to contact with that VPN provider support they will guide you effectively on this issue.

Lindaawilsoon

Postby Lindaawilsoon » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:05 pm

freddieodom wrote:I have not experience with this problem. But, I searched a little and found a website VPNRanks where you cannot only choose a Fastest VPN service but can get lots of information and resolve your technical issues as well.

Yes you right freddieodom, Such an amazing website that offers too much solution of basics of VPNs issues, bookmarked this website.

travolta133

Postby travolta133 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:48 pm

bradhaddin81 wrote:I have already searched for LS to connect all network without any difficulty but I thing Ivacy vpn https://www.ivacy.com/australia-vpn/ is more useful in these conditions through this you can connect multiple networks which is the most valuable advantage. It is also having 85% Easter VPN discount offer which we have not seen before in industry.

Yes, Ivacy is good but there are lots of other choices for Australia. I personally go for Pure or Nord.

sandyroberts

Postby sandyroberts » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 pm

I would recommend to use NordVPN it might help you to get your issue resolved. In case of any issue you can contact their support they are quite helpful.

aintnosnitch

Postby aintnosnitch » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:33 pm

For all of the folks trying to find the "best" VPN, I highly recommend checking out this VPN comparison here. This is an unvarnished, unpaid breakdown of a ton of VPNs, and you can download the CSV and view offline.

It lays out all of the features and privacy aspects of each provider, which you'll see that in many cases, they do not have your best interests or privacy as their top priority. Pretty much every search done for "best vpn provider reviews" is going to come back with the same basic results for the companies that have the best (or shadiest) affiliate programs, meaning that they pay for those reviews. And if it's a free VPN, you are most likely the product so be very careful. There are also a lot of paid reviews out there to trash other VPN providers, but the link I provided simply gives a breakdown each service from a privacy perspective, with some performance info.

My personal opinion, based on my experience, is that Mullvad is a very good service, and takes privacy seriously. It's a little more expensive, but works great on Mac and iPhone (using the OpenVPN client and downloading profiles). Between Mullvad, Nord, Vypr, Express and ProtonVPN, Mullvad consistently has the best speeds where I live in the US. I pay for all of the above, and use them for different, very specific things, but Mullvad is the best for privacy and performance. Again - just my opinion on Mullvad. Not trying to sell it. My #2 would be Proton.

Side topic: As I sit here typing this, I'm watching the process "expressvpnd" in the LS network monitor (app is NOT running), and since I reset the rule about an hour ago it has attempted to connect to 190 different servers or ipv4 addresses (probably every one of their servers worldwide), plus google, evernote, carbon60, steamcdn, lowes.com, scorecardsearch, multiple cloudfront addresses, and the app isn't even open! This last client update introduced some not-so-good features that I hadn't noticed before, but it ExpressVPN work well on my DDWRT router when I was using it for that purpose. Desktop client a little shady though.

Return to “Little Snitch General”