LS 4.1.2 Profiles Broken?

General discussions about Little Snitch
RunCabbageRun

LS 4.1.2 Profiles Broken?

Postby RunCabbageRun » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:36 am

I updated to LS 4.1.2 and for some reason LS not properly deactivating the active profile.

I use LS as a kill switch for my VPN. When I connect to an unknown network, I click "Deactivate Active Profile" and then press Enter/Return. Lo and behold the network is active and is on "VPN & Safe Networks." Not sure what is going on. It might be deactivating.. the non profile and switching to safe?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure this was not the normal set of behaviors. It used to be that if you clicked Deactivate Active Profile, it would switch to No Profile and cut connection. I'm on a Mac OS 10.13.6 by the way.

blackfog

Re: LS 4.1.2 Profiles Broken?

Postby blackfog » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:29 am

Same exact problem. Major bug.

blackfog

Postby blackfog » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:11 am

This is still broken in 4.1.3, despite the release notes indicating otherwise. When connecting to a new network for the first time, if one selects "Deactivate Active Profile" this does not occur. The previously active profile remains in effect.

blackfog

Postby blackfog » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:13 pm

To be clear: this problem is not limited to "Deactivate Active Profile." Whenever a new network connection is made, the pre-existing profile remains in effect regardless of what other choice is made when the new connection is detected.

RunCabbageRun

Postby RunCabbageRun » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:34 am

blackfog wrote:To be clear: this problem is not limited to "Deactivate Active Profile." Whenever a new network connection is made, the pre-existing profile remains in effect regardless of what other choice is made when the new connection is detected.

Good to know. This is still happening in 4.1.3...

Return to “Little Snitch General”