Script for Evernote integration with Launchbar

Sharing and discussing custom actions for LaunchBar
jordi

Script for Evernote integration with Launchbar

Post by jordi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 am

Hi all,

as far as I know there's no out-of-the-box support to search your Evernote notes from within Launchbar. You can use Spotlight from Launchbar but that's not what I wanted. Since Launchbar is my starting point for basically anything on my Mac I hacked together a solution to include the titles of all of my Evernote notes in the Launchbar catalog. Selecting the object from the catalog in Launchbar will open the note in Evernote. This basically helps me search Evernote (titles, no contents or tags) from Launchbar :-)

The main components of my hack:

1. A script that reads the titles from the local Evernote cache (the one on your computer) and that creates new files (less than 181 bytes in size each) with a reference to the Evernote note. These files are stored in a directory that is scanned by Launchbar. I've scheduled this script using LaunchAgent to run regularly.
2. A helper application that reads the reference in the files so that the selected note in Launchbar is opened in Evernote.

I'm happy to share the scripts, the helper application and the XML files for the launchagents if anyone is interested, but be warned: you should be comfortable hacking away in OSX from the console!

regards. J.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 1.58.49 .png
Screenshot that shows a search for Evernote notes using Launchbar
Screen Shot 2011-07-25 at 1.58.49 .png (249.71 KiB) Viewed 6236 times

kaz219

Re: Script for Evernote integration with Launchbar

Post by kaz219 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:21 pm

I am interested!

fourcc

Post by fourcc » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Jordi (m'imagino que ets català com jo), I would love to have access to this script. This is exactly what I was looking for!!!

Gràcies.

gabrielmcdow

Post by gabrielmcdow » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Man, oh, man! This is so much what I've been looking for. Would you please send me the source code (mcdow [at] mail.com)?

Thanks in advance!

gabrielmcdow

Post by gabrielmcdow » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:43 am

I haven't received a reply from Jordi. If anybody else has the source code, could you please share it?

robbiees

Post by robbiees » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:12 am

jordi wrote:I'm happy to share the scripts, the helper application and the XML files for the launchagents if anyone is interested, but be warned: you should be comfortable hacking away in OSX from the console!

regards. J.

I too am interested in this Evernote integration. I'm quite comfortable with hacking OSX from the console. It would be great if you would share the scripts with me. I'll let you have my email address if this is possible.

Regards
Eric.

bigcloits
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bigcloits » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm

I just solved this another (better and simpler) way, posted separately.