Sharing and discussing custom search templates for LaunchBar
greenblue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Federal Trademark Search

Postby greenblue » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 am

I currently just use LaunchBar to pull up this page from a bookmark:

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=t ... i4m2tt.1.1

I think have to click the "Basic Word Mark Search (New User)" search link and then plug in the search terms.

Is there a way to have Launchbar automatically click that link for me and insert a search term for me? The reason it has to go this route is because if you try to link directly to the "Basic Word Mark Search (New User)" search page, it will eventually expire and make you start all over again at the link I showed above.

Maybe an applescript could do this or is there a built-in way with LaunchBar I could pull this off? Or even if the link could just be clicked and LuanchBar would just have the search term available in the clipboard and I could then promptly paste it?

greenblue
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Federal Trademark Search

Postby greenblue » Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 am

Ok, I'll answer this myself. I was able to use LaunchBar to trigger a custom Applescript I put together and now I go straight to the page I need to. Here's the script in case anyone else would like to do this as well or if someone knows of a better way to do it because I'm certainly no Applescript master by any stretch of the imagination:

Code: Select all

tell application "Safari"
   activate
   set the bounds of the first window to {290, 37, 1585, 1132}
end tell
set mouseToolsPath to (path to applications folder as text) & "MouseTools"
open location "http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=login&p_lang=english&p_d=trmk"
delay 7
tell application "Safari" to activate
do shell script quoted form of POSIX path of mouseToolsPath & " -x 650 -y 500 -doubleLeftClick"

This works with my display resolution setup, so YMMV and may need to change the bounds and where the mouse clicks. I also utlitize the wonderful MouseTools to make sure this mouse-clicking works OK.

Return to “LaunchBar Search Templates”