Search Template Collection System

Sharing and discussing custom search templates for LaunchBar
beerich
Rank 4
Rank 4

Search Template Collection System

Post by beerich » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:31 pm

Hi folks.

Just wondering if there is any sense in creating a web service that could collect all these urls. That way we can periodically download a single file with all the urls. Or it can be mailed out to a mailing list every month or so.

Problem is, I don't see a way of importing into Launchbar. I can create the web interface/collection system, that isn't the issue. Importing into Launchbar might be the restriction.

Any ideas? Launchbar people, you have some input on this?

Cheers

Jaharmi
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Search Template Collection System

Post by Jaharmi » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:51 pm

I"m certainly an advocate of something like that; I'd love to see the collective wisdom of these search templates available to everyone with periodic updates, which didn't trample my own search templates. I've mentioned that as a feature request in the past, and at least now we have different collections for the built-in versus personal templates.

Perhaps this could be handled as a new collection of community search templates in the LaunchBar configuration?

I'd also like some way to de-duplicate search templates. As I collect more, there's a greater chance that mine could conflict with the built-in ones and any potentially-community-supplied templates in the future.