Firefox history not showing

Sharing and discussing custom search templates for LaunchBar
waynerrr

Firefox history not showing

Post by waynerrr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:15 pm

Launchbar cannot find Firefox History

I can see the problem

In Launchbar i go to "configuration" "open configuration"

when I glance down the left hand list the "firefox history" catagory is the only one that is RED text.

I think maybe something to do with me updating firefox to FF 3.0

I found this online:-
"New to Firefox 3, unlike previous versions of Firefox, the browser no longer keeps all your bookmarks in a single Bookmarks.html file under your profile directory, it holds them in a database format as the file places.sqlite under your profile directory"

So i changed the path within launchbar to point to "places.sqlite" but it still doesn't work

any advice
thanks

waynerrr

safari history also not working

Post by waynerrr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:24 pm

following on.....

I just noticed that safari history is also not working within launchbar

I checked Launchbar configuration & I can see that the safari history is populated within launchbar.

However when i try the quick launch of launchbar and then press .app (that should be enough to display www.apple.com shouldn't it?)

so my fSafari history is also not operating in launchbar

any help??

thank you

Greg Jones
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: safari history also not working

Post by Greg Jones » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:15 am

waynerrr wrote:However when i try the quick launch of launchbar and then press .app (that should be enough to display www.apple.com shouldn't it?)

The default action when typing a period "." in LaunchBar is to enter a URL to be opened by LaunchBar's "Open Location" command. Thus if you type ".app" and then hit return, LaunchBar will pass the URL "http://www.app.com/" to your default browser. If you want to search for apple.com in your browser's history, just begin typing "apple" without the period.

waynerrr

Post by waynerrr » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:33 am

Thanks for your efforts to help

I just pressed apple key+space bar (cue for launchbar) and then typed the word apple without any . in front (i deffinately checked that www.apple.com was showing in safaris history)

But launchbar failed to list the URL

It's not working for me

i wonder if it's a configuration issue??