Single action search

Sharing and discussing custom search templates for LaunchBar
8thunder8

Single action search

Postby 8thunder8 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:43 pm

I was an avid user of the glims plugin for Safari, which amongst other things, allowed me to use search templates for my various search sites.

For example, in the url bar, I would type 'e macbook' and it would search eBay.co.uk for 'macbook'.

Glims broke with later versions of Safari, and is no longer a choice.

I have always been a Launchbar user, and decided to try to replace the lost glims functionality with Launchbar's search templates. Launchbar seems perfect apart from one thing, which is that you need to do three actions to perform your search. First is CMD space to invoke Launchbar, second is type 'e' to get to eBay.co.uk search template, and third is to type macbook.

It would be so cool if I could invoke Lauchbar as normal, and type for example 'e macbook' to both indicate I want to use the eBay search template and actually perform the search.

Compared to how it worked in Glims, it seems like a boring extra step to get it to work quickly.

Is this possible? If not now, in a future version of LB?

Thank you.

sridhar

Re: Single action search

Postby sridhar » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:39 pm

Not a direct answer to your question, but did you know that you could just bring up LaunchBar and press down on e to have the search prompt open up?

https://www.obdev.at/resources/launchba ... tOpen.html

Return to “LaunchBar Search Templates”