PDF Attachment Title

General discussions about WebYep
climbinggoddess

PDF Attachment Title

Postby climbinggoddess » Tue May 06, 2014 5:02 pm

When I add a PDF attachment, I would like to display a title for the attachment, and not the long filename.pdf.
Is there some code I can add to make that happen? I guess it needs to be either a Short or Long Text element.
BTW I am on a Mac and using Freeway Pro 6 with Max Fancourt's Freeway Action Suite.
Thanks

climbinggoddess

Re: PDF Attachment Title

Postby climbinggoddess » Fri May 23, 2014 2:56 pm

Thanks - guess I'll stop trying. Seems like there used to be a way to do it - but of course now I can't find it.
Oh well.

mfrieauff

Postby mfrieauff » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:54 am

You can add the link to the file in the rich text field (just like any external link you can as well link files, upload them, and then you can also give the link a different text than the name of the file).

annieoroberts

Postby annieoroberts » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:54 am

Open the PDF document in Adobe Acrobat Pro:
Select File > Properties
Select the Description tab to view the metadata in the document, including the document information dictionary
Modify the Title field to add or change the document's Title entry

roxannegrodriguez

Postby roxannegrodriguez » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:48 am

Normaly we are printing our invoices with SAPSCRIPT on a printer. Sometimes we are creating with the same SAPSCRIPT an E-Mail with the invoice as PDF-Attachment. The attachment name is everytime the same. We only create a variable subject title in our sapscript. Now we have a special requirement of one customer. This customer would like to get his invoices only as PDF-Attachment per E-Mail. So this is possible for use but what he also want is that the attachment name should be variable.

willismramage

Postby willismramage » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:15 am

Select File > Properties > Select the Description tab to view the metadata in the document, including the document information dictionary > Modify the Title field to add or change the document's Title entry

Return to “WebYep (english)”