Future of WebYep

General discussions about WebYep
iturtle

Future of WebYep

Postby iturtle » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:30 pm

hi there,
I was wondering if you have any news about the future of webyep.
I still like to use it and it would be nice to know if it will stay future proof or even be developed further.
since it compares quite well to other rw cms products I keep wondering why you stopped working on it. it's a shame if find.
best wishes- kai.

iturtle

Re: Future of WebYep

Postby iturtle » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:30 pm

does no reply mean webyep is dead for good?

iturtle

Postby iturtle » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:10 pm

any news yet? I would really appreciate a reply. thanks a lot!

imperfekt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby imperfekt » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:23 pm

If you check out obdev.at ... it's "Open Source" now.
So if there isn't a crowd of interested Programmers somewhere ... it's left to die out here.
:cry:

Wich I think is very sad because it's the best small CMS I come to find in all these years and very suitable for 90% of all my Costumers / Projekts.

iturtle

Postby iturtle » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:55 pm

@Imperfekt thanks for your reply! I also do not really understand why they gave it up. so much potential and still good. does not work with mavericks, though :(

imperfekt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby imperfekt » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 pm

I agree.
When I started working with WY I thought it would be too limited ... but I found out: it's amazing how much you can do with this tiny littel CMS and limited Elements. You just need to be clever. And many of my Costumers are loving the easy-to-understand way of editing their sites ... The only thing I was hoping for was more SEO-Improvement of the pure WY-Elements. That would have been my Wish ...

One Question: why shouldn't WY work with Maverick??? (What has an an Os to do with a Website?)
I read http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8653 but didn't get it. Plugin for RW?
I code "by Foot" - so no fear here.

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Max » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:29 am

Not sure if anyones interested outside the Freeway community but I for one am developing webyep further
At the moment its in the middle of a massive face lift plus new functionality, including the integration of redactor as a richtext editor and file upload

here are a few screen shots of what it will look like
http://max-izzat.co.uk/newspage/login.jpg
http://max-izzat.co.uk/newspage/Screen- ... -09-07.png

anyway once its ready it will be available for non freeway developers

all the best max

imperfekt
Rank 2
Rank 2

Postby imperfekt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Max - you made my Day!
(Once again!)
AND that reminds me - I have forgotten to download your latest Version of the WebYep Freeway Action Suite ...

If you need Support for the WY-Project (e. G. Beta Testing, Translations ...) give me an short Notice.

I think it's in your behalf if I give the good News to the german speaking Forum?
Greetings from Berlin!

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Max » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:50 pm

if you could inform the German forum then that would be great
thanks max

iturtle

Postby iturtle » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:57 pm

the freeway development looks great. I wished someone would do this for rapidweaver! :)
please have a look at my topic here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8653&p=26342#p26342
I posted a new comment today. I found out that the german/english filenames in the system are causing this error when trying to preview, export or upload the webyep page:

Exception while exporting site
-[__NSCFString appendString:]: nil argument

thanks a lot. I really hope for a solution. best wishes - kai

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Max » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:52 pm

HI
I to have come across the character problem in the naming of webyep items and it was something that stopped webyep dead in its tracks. The only quick solution was to make sure names of webyep items didn't have the umlaut character.

As for the development of webyep there should be no reason why the Rapidweaver plugin couldn't be adapted to use the updated webyep system that being written for Freeway. Once I have a fully working model I will be uploading it to github for non Freeway users to use if they wish.
All the best max

iturtle

Postby iturtle » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:30 pm

@Max is there any news about a newer version for rapidweaver users? can't find news on github yet. thanks a lot! kai

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Max » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Hi All the functionality has now been done, which means all the editors are functioning with the updated core system eg redactor integration and upload facility audio upload etc. and now I am creating the css for each of the editors.. as for rapid-weaver then that will have to follow after the new system is tested and workings. Unfortunate its slow going as there is a lot to do, but at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel

speak soon max

mfrieauff

Postby mfrieauff » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:54 pm

Max,
that sounds very interesting. What I think would be crucial for a future version of WY is responsiveness. Do you think the elements can be coded in a way that they adapt to responsive frameworks and/or themes being used "around" them? Also, I would love to see no more inline css inside the code elements as these make it difficult to change from outside.
And finally, and most important: is there a way to stay informed about your progress? I would love to try a new version with RapidWeaver. Do you have a mailing list for news on that issue?
Thanks
Markus

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Postby Max » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Hi Markus
I don't know quite how the rapid weaver plugin works but the php code snippets behind webyep can already be inserted into a responsive layout and you don't need to use inline styles it can all be external. As I mentioned I have no idea how the rapid weaver plugin works so I can't really comment how the html structure is created in that program.
As for progress…. so far all the css has been written for every editor… that was a massive task!!!!
What I am doing at the moment is allowing people the choice via the config-file which JS frame work they would like to use as the backbone for the modal widows e.g. jQuery, Prototype or Mootoools after that completed the I need to tie that up with the appropriate light box type to match the modal js type.

Anyway I am still ploughing on and hope to have some sort of alpha ready for testers some time soon
kind regards max

Return to “WebYep (english)”