Short text item not accepting £ symbol

General discussions about WebYep
adrianball66

Short text item not accepting £ symbol

Postby adrianball66 » Wed May 29, 2013 12:44 am

Have a short text item to enable price to be added to a site. When the £ symbol is placed in front of the price nothing displays but when omited the price will display as eg.14.99 without the currency denominator. If I put the Euro symbol before the price all displays ok! Anyone know what the problem is? :?

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Short text item not accepting £ symbol

Postby Max » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:38 am

Hi Drian
have you set the character set to whatever your document is using in the config file...
so for example:
$webyep_sCharset = "";
to
$webyep_sCharset = "utf-8";

and whilst you are looking at that have you also set your page type to either HTML or XHTML

kind regards max

Marshpin

Postby Marshpin » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:51 pm

Was a solution ever found for this? I'm experiencing a similar problem, if I place a £ sign (or a Euro symbol) in front of a price only the field name appears but not the price. If I delete the £ sign the figures will appear. Oddly if I use a US Dollar sign it works normally.

adrianball66

Postby adrianball66 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:02 pm

I never found a solution to this. I checked the charset and page type as suggested by Max but no difference. As a workaround I put the hard code the £ symbol before the price value which makes it easier for the client as they do not have to enter the £ symbol every time they input a price. Be interested if you discover a solution though.
Cheers,
Adrian

gpersaud

Postby gpersaud » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:25 am

Have you tried the html character tag, "£" without quotes? The first time you put it in it might actually show the word pound but click the edit button again and it should show up correctly in the short text field. at least for me it does. then hit save again and it'll display correctly on the webpage... but sounds like you figured out an easier solution anyway!

rs4champion

Postby rs4champion » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:07 am

As a workaround I put the hard code the £ symbol before the price value which makes it easier for the client as they do not have to enter the £ symbol every time they input a price. Be interested if you discover a solution though.

Return to “WebYep (english)”