General discussions about WebYep
twb716
Rank 1
Rank 1

Can't edit content! PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by twb716 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:26 pm

All of a sudden, I can no longer add new elements to a page containing a loop:

http://www.daveliebman.com/reviews.php

I don't know what to do!!! Please help! Any information will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Todd

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Can't edit content! PLEASE HELP!!!

Post by Max » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:56 am

Hi Tod
I dont know if you have fixed this but if not then it will probably be don to a javascript problem eg a clash with something else on that page. have you added any extra javascript to the page ?

speak soon max

twb716
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by twb716 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:06 am

Thanks, Max; good to see you on here! I ended up transferring the hosting and changing the DNS on the domain. I suspected that there was something screwy with the domain itself since I could install, run and test everything when moved to a different folder on the shared server. The transfer seems to have done the trick. The only problem now is that even after adjusting the documents file in the data folder, there is a ton of content missing :-(

I've spent hours going back and forth and manually re-entering all of the data that's missing. One of the downsides of not having a database backup. Thanks again.

TB

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Max » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:20 am

Hi Todd
glad you have got it working

and yes when I get a chance I try to cover this forum as well although I am stacked up with the freeway community
anyway as a thought it may be prudent to set up an automatic download of the data folder to your mac... say once a month and you can use fetch or transmit to do this. Plus it can be hooked into your mac calendar to run at midnight... I must remember to add that to the freeway webyep manual so people can see how its done

speak soon max