Loop with checkboxes or select fields

General discussions about WebYep
bcbounders

Loop with checkboxes or select fields

Post by bcbounders » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at WebYep as a possible solution for a project I'm working on... but need to know if there will be any difficulty with what I am intending to do. I will be creating a page where my client will be able to manage some park models he has for rent in an RV Park he owns. So I'm looking at using the "Loop" feature and setting up all of the fields of information they will need to complete for each "rental" that's available. There are some attributes of each rental that are repetitive (i.e. the "Type" of rental... there are three possible options to choose from) and I don't want to have to use a Text field and have them type the same thing over and over again. There are other attributes of the rental that would best be captured using checkboxes (like a list of features/amenities available... coffee maker, A/C, TV, etc) that are also repetitive and I don't want the user to have to re-type them each time.

Is this something that I could easily do using WebYep? If I add Checkboxes or Select boxes as part of the Loop, but don't have them saved anywhere (i.e. no backend database), is that even going to work? Or am I going to have to use javascript or some other mechanism to get the value(s) of the fields and copy them into hidden text fields or something?

Thanks for any help/insight!

- John