Can Not Delete or Move Loop Items

General discussions about WebYep
AlanH

Can Not Delete or Move Loop Items

Post by AlanH » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi there.
I have created my first web yep site and all was well and good. The client has just contacted me to say they can not delete or move items in a list.

I have tried the copy of the site i have locally and it works just fine. Any ideas what has happened.

I purchased the white label license and changed the logo icon but apart from that all is as it was.

Hope to hear soon.

Alan...

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Can Not Delete or Move Loop Items

Post by Max » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:34 am

Hi Alan have you given the data folder write permissions (777) with a ftp application?
speak soon max

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 am

Hi Max.
Thanks for getting back to me. It was a matter of some urgency so i 'experimented' with some changes.

The thing was it was all working perfectly. I had populated all the fields with data for the client so they could see what the site would look like and demoed how simple it was to use - adding items to a list - loop term to technical to understand for them - and rearranging the items using the arrows to move things up and down. So you can imagine how surprised i was to here they could not do it when they tried a week later.

I tried re uploading the pages that had loop items in them, as interestingly every other web yep item worked, but no joy. The entire site still worked locally on my mac.

Eventually i remembered that i had written a .htaccess file to redirect all the original site pages to the new .php pages. I removed the file and the loop items worked again. I then re-added the lines in the .htaccess file one at a time and it seemed that a line i had used to redirect the home page index.html to the index.php page was affecting it. I thought that an index.php always took preference over .html but it kept showing the old page. As the new site was in beta i had both index files in there together.

Anyway, short answer is it seems to be ok now. Will keep an eye on it and if any web yep users have similar issues and have had everything running great previously - and set permissions etc - check the .htaccess file if they've written one.

Cheers.

Al...

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Max » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Alan thanks for posting your findings it always makes things a lot easier for people with similar problems and rule out items
all the best Max

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:16 pm

No worries.

Used Dan Jaskers Videos to get started with WebYep and Freeway, just a shame his site is still down as i only saw the first couple and couldn't purchase the rest.

I do love a good tutorial video and Dan was king at those!

All the best.

Alan...