WebYep Content Disappeared

General discussions about WebYep
MarkG

WebYep Content Disappeared

Post by MarkG » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi
I've been using the demo of WebYep for a couple of weeks, using a couple of domains, nested within the first domain i.e. maindomain co uk (where maindomain co uk and WebYep system resides). I also have seconddomain co uk residing in maindomain co uk/seconddomain co uk/.
The reason for this is that I wanted to make two identical websites, which can be editable from either site, using global webyep elements.

This was working fine, with a couple of interesting challenges. When I access the seconddomain via the long link of maindomain co uk/secondomain co uk I was able to access and alter all webyep elements. However, if I accessed seconddomain co uk directly I could edit my elements as normal but couldn't log on. I assumed this was because I would need a separate licence (even though I was working on demo mode)

I then purchased a licence for maindomain co uk over the weekend. Now if I enter seconddomain co uk directly I can neither see nor edit anything - it's all gone (I checked the editing of the documents file in web yep-system/data and it's showing the links to /seconddomain.co.uk), however, if I enter via maindomain co uk/seconddomain co uk I have access to logon and all data.

Is this because I need a second licence to seconddomain co uk (even though both sites will be identical apart from a logo on each page - expensive as I've just bought the whitelabel licence)?

Sorry it's such a long request, but I emailed obdev.at directly and haven't had a reply and thought one of you good guys may have had the same experience. I'm happy to buy another licence if need be, just need to get it sorted so I can get both sites live.

Regards all

MarkG

PS I am aware I've left out all the dots :)

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: WebYep Content Disappeared

Post by Max » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:40 pm

Hi Mark
I am not sure if this was the best method of adding the same content into multiple sites
As a thought wouldn't it been easier to use iframes to pull in the content.
If I was doing it I would probably have construct the webyep chunks on to plain webyep pages and then import those pages into the different sites.
This may not actually be needed anymore because OBDev have announced that webyep (non White labelled version) is now free.
Anyway I hope that gives you an alternative to the method you were using.
kind regards max

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Max
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The problem with iFrames is that I only duplicate very small snippets of info in lots of different places. I discovered my problem by deleting everything from my server and starting again, and now everything works - almost.

My new challenge is, for someone who can code in php, quite straightforward:

Can someone show me which code to change in webyep-system to make the paths to absolute i.e http://www.mydomain/webyep-system/ rather than just /webyep-system/

All text appears across both sites but not pictures. The reason is because webyep is using relative paths, not absolute. I can change the paths in rich text webyep by altering the source code directly, but obviously not in galleries or normal picture uploads. (I'd like to use fancy box if possible).

I have spoken (via email) with Marcus and Johannes who have confirmed it's possible to alter some of the code in webyep-system to force absolute paths rather than relative. I don't suppose you or anyone else would know how to do this? It has been suggested that the WYURL would be the starting point (and possibly WYLink on this forum). Obviously OBDev cannot help or support these changes. I can change $bAbsolute = false to true myself, but would need to know which ones to change, and where?

Thanks in hope (but again for your time)

Mark G

PS is this the Max who writes the web yep actions for Freeway? I'm using Max's WebYep actions in Freeway, which are fabulous! :)

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Max » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi mark yes it's max aka freeway max sorry for the delay but I will have a think about what you are trying to do. I would have thought there would be a way. Although I can't check at the moment as my wife's on the mac and I am looking at this forums using an iPod touch, but I will come back to you
Speak soon max

MarkG

Post by MarkG » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi Max

no need for you to apologise - your help is much appreciated. FYI I did change existences of $bAbsolute = false to true (I found 3) but that made no difference. So it sounds like it might be a bit technical for me, and my extremely limited knowledge of html/php. I am quite logical, though and a quick learner. If you need me to provide any info, just let me know. Love your web yep actions, by the way, and I commend you on all the work you've done on the manual - excellent!

Thanks gain

MarkG

Max
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Max » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm

I know this is quite an old thread but I just saw something in papermashup which may be of interest. I have successfully scraped a divs contents from one page to another but not across different domains, but this article sounds like its got around the javascript limitation.
I haven't tried this with webyep so I have no idea if it works but this method should be able to scrape the HTML from a page on one domain and paste in to another page in another domain.
It uses a combination of jQuery and PHP and this may work..as I said I havent tried this so have no idea if it works with WebYep.
The article can be found here:
http://papermashup.com/use-jquery-and-p ... e-content/

All the best Max