WebYep gallery and IE9

General discussions about WebYep
indtryk

WebYep gallery and IE9

Post by indtryk » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:01 am

I've made some sites using WebYep gallery, and they are all nice and do as they are expected to - except when it comes to Internet Explorer 9! The images will appear in the upper left corner of the screen on a white background. No nice switching as was the idea!
There is another issue about the same sites in IE9: When you open the sites the screen will be darker for a moment untill you click somewhere with the mouse. That also only counts for the IE9.

Any suggestions? Has it got anything to do with WebYep at all?

Morten

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: WebYep gallery and IE9

Post by marcus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm

indtryk wrote:Any suggestions? Has it got anything to do with WebYep at all?

A link to the page would be very helpful. This doesn't sound like a WebYep issue, since WebYep doesn't "darken" the screen when there is a gallery on the page. Third party plugins like Lightbox or Fancybox do that.

indtryk

Post by indtryk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:05 am

Hi y'all

Problem seems to have been solved - but I still don't know what hit me...

In Page Inspector --> Header --> Meta Tags I added the name of
IE" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible
- and the content:
IE=EmulateIE7
which I suddenly remembered from somewhere in a forum.
After a couple of times I got the syntax right and: Bingo! Cheating on old-fashioned Internet Explorer is a nice feeling…
Guess I have to remove it again once IE wakes up, but then again - at that time I'll be too old to worry about it...

Hope it will be usefull

Morten

Eelco
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Eelco » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:44 pm

It seems to be a problem with the DivX player: there is a new version of the Lightbox plugin that addresses this problem. Unfortunately the latest version of the Fancybox plugin is no longer free, but maybe a new version of JQuery will solve it.
It is a bit peculiar to let IE9 emulate an older version: now Microsoft is finally getting up to date with html5 and css3…