Can PHP pre-process WebYep content?

General discussions about WebYep
TimP

Can PHP pre-process WebYep content?

Post by TimP » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm considering creating a system that will allow content editors to add email addresses to their pages as normal using WebYep and they would be obfuscated before displayed by the server. Looking at the documentation it would appear that I can add PHP functions quite easily to WY content areas but what I really wanted was the ability to pre-process WebYep's content before it is served.
Are there any hooks that I can latch my PHP functions onto so that standard content is run though my filters before being served?
The idea is that the workflow is completely transparent and works just like a regular WebYep site to both the content editor and site end users.
Many thanks for any pointers in advance.
Regards,
Tim.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Can PHP pre-process WebYep content?

Post by marcus » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:36 am

TimP wrote:I'm considering creating a system that will allow content editors to add email addresses to their pages as normal using WebYep and they would be obfuscated before displayed by the server.

The LongText and RichText elements already do this for you. No need to implement this yourself. :)

TimP wrote:Are there any hooks that I can latch my PHP functions onto so that standard content is run though my filters before being served?

No, that's not possible with WebYep.