PHP

General discussions about WebYep
Fiona62

PHP

Post by Fiona62 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:17 pm

I've been asked to add WebYep to a clients website, which is already up and running. It is written in HTML, how do I change it to PHP? I have added the elements to each page, prepared WebYep,transfered it all via ftp, but when I look at the site a banner comes up saying PHP is inactive. How do I make it active? as I think I have done everything the instructions said. But I must have missed something. Also I added a page after I had installed WebYep, (the way I did before WebYep) and it doesn't seem to work. Could you help me with this also. Thank you

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: PHP

Post by marcus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm

Fiona62 wrote:I've been asked to add WebYep to a clients website, which is already up and running. It is written in HTML, how do I change it to PHP?

Simply rename the files - more precisely, change the file extension to .php (e.g. index.html becomes index.php). If there are hyperlinks to those pages you'll have to change their href attributes as well.

Fiona62 wrote:Also I added a page after I had installed WebYep, (the way I did before WebYep) and it doesn't seem to work.

That's a bit vague. What exactly doesn't seem to work? What did you do, what did you expect and what did you get?

Fiona62

Post by Fiona62 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:37 pm

Thanks Marcus. So I just need to change the 'html' to php and download it again.
The client wanted a 'Testimonial' page added. I usually find an existing page and 'Copy as' and rename it. And it works fine. This is what I did, but when I went to the site and clicked on the link to go to that page it wouldn't show. It says the url is not found on the server.

Fiona62

Post by Fiona62 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I've changed all the files from 'html' to 'php', but I am still getting on the site the pop upo window 'php is inactive'. Why?

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:01 pm

If PHP is not active, then WebYep won't work.
If WebYep doesn't work, it can't produce popup windows.
So the page itself remains as the only suspect, but there is no reason at all for an HTML (!) page to produce such a popup.
In fact I've never seen a popup window on a website giving me such a message (it simply doesn't make sense).

Please post the URL of this site so I can have a look at it.

Fiona62

Post by Fiona62 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:35 pm

The url is www.tranquilitybeauty.org.uk

I've changed all the pages from .html to .php I tested it with 'live view' in Dw and the pop up window was there, as in previous occassions, but and this may be crucial, I haven't up loaded via ftp. A fear here of losing the site (I'm in unknown territory).
Please have a look at the site. If I need to up load it first and I won't lose the site, then let me do it.
I appreciate all your help. thank you

Fiona62

Post by Fiona62 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:26 pm

I've been reading the code on all my pages, I've now changed all to .php and in red, it says "WebYep system folder not found. This page cannot be displayed. Error, Webyep system folder cannot be found". For this reason, I don't want to up load these pages, as I think nothing will appear. How do I get rid of this problem and make sure my pages will appear when up loaded?
I have put the Webyep system folder in the root file, as instructed. So I would have thought it would work. I've 'prepared webyep' as instructed. In remote view, when I click on webyep system folder I do not get the option to 'Activate Webyep'. and there is nothing in the 'data' folder.
Also, outside the 'public' folder (where the website, root folder is), there another folder which also says 'webyep system folder' and has all the relevant info in. Why? Could this be causing problems?
Reading all the information about Webyep, it seemed to be straight forward to install, but this does not seem to be the case.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:49 pm

The home page on the server doesn't have the .php extension, so you see this warning:
Has this file the correct file extension for PHP scripts? WebYep pages must have the ".php" extension and not ".html" or ".htm"!).

The preview option in DW doesn't work, because other code has to be loaded by WebYep (DW can't handle this) and therefore you get this message:
WebYep: This page can not be displayed
Problem: The webyep-system folder was not found!

Please preview your pages on the server, not locally.

If you are afraid of crashing your site, make a complete copy (backup) of the site and store it in a save place. Then upload your changed files and access the site via browser.

If you're still afraid, you can also put your entire site together with the webyep-system folder in a subfolder and upload it to the server. This way you keep the old installation intact, while you can still test WebYep.