I have replied via email as requested.
Martin

martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Menus home pages and different servers

Post by martinjbull » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:01 pm

Oops-wrong name
Sorry-I see that thereply was from Johanes not Marcus. Apologies to both.
Martin

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:34 pm

martinjbull wrote:Oops-wrong name

No problem :)

martinjbull wrote:I have replied via email as requested

I will see to it ASAP.

martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martinjbull » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Johannes
The dns settings for cornthwaiteandco.com are currently not pointing to the server whose login details I sent you (as my client's site was not working). Am I right in thinking that you will need the DNS pointing to our server in order to test/explore the problem?
Martin

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:37 pm

No problem - I just made a hosts file entry using the IP address you've sent me...
(see my email for details)

martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by martinjbull » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:40 pm

Marcus/Johannes and anyone else involved or reading this thread
I am very pleased to confirm that the issue is now resolved. For future reference, anyone using webYep on a Windows server needs access to (or to be able to ask an administrator to access) IIS (Internet Information Services) on the Windows Server. There, Windows holds a list of default pages, in priority order, starting with Index.html, Index.php etc. Please not these are with a CAPITAL I ie 'Index' not 'index'. These listsed items need to be deleted and replaced with 'index'php etc (all lower case) in IIS as unix filesystems are case-sensitive, whereas Windows is not case sensitive. WepYep then works properly.
Johannes, can I suggest that this is a simple enough fix to be posted in a suitable place on the ObDev site-perhaps even in the 'System Requirements'? It is a matter for you of course, but I think this would assist customers and further promote your (already considerable) good reputation with developers and designers.

johannes
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by johannes » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm glad that the problem in this particular case was solved quite easily. But unfortunately problems like these (and often worse) do occur quite frequently on Windows (especially IIS) based servers. We therefore have decided to cease Windows support for WebYep some time ago and will keep it that way :(

We've updated the system requirements page on the web site to make it more clear that Windows based servers are not supported and will also update the documentation in the next release in that way.