After upgrade WYSIWYG editors don't wok

General discussions about WebYep
bobmax48

After upgrade WYSIWYG editors don't wok

Post by bobmax48 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

I updated WebYep to 1.6.0 yesterday. Followed the directions for installation and transferred the right files. Now when I go to edit a WebYep page the window opens but there are no menus and buttons like there use to be for the editor. I have checked the old webyep folders and the files look to be the same. What did I do wrong?

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: After upgrade WYSIWYG editors don't wok

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:58 pm

This sounds like you didn't put the WYSIWYG editor into WebYep's /opt folder. For detailed instructions of how to set up supported editors please refer to the WebYep documentation.

bobmax48

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I have both the tinyMCE and ckEditor folders in the /opt folder. That is why I am confused why neither of the editors work.

bobmax48

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:38 pm

I removed one of the editors from the /opt folder. I also went back and downgraded the webyep-system folder to the previous version. The editor came back. I am wondering if there is a bug in WebYep 1.6?

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:10 pm

I've just downloaded WebYep 1.6.0 from our website and set up a host with a test page. Then I downloaded the newest versions of tinymce and ckeditor and put both into /webyep-system/program/opt/.

When I log in to WebYep and edit a RichText field, tinymce pops up and works just fine (this is ok, because when both editors are present, tinymce is preferred. After all, you can't use 2 RichText editors at once).
Then I removed tinymce, opened the RichText editor again (after a page reload) and voilà: CKeditor was there in all it's glory.

So this is no bug in WebYep 1.6.0, but must have something to do with your setup.

• How did you install WebYep?
    Did you put it on your server manually, or did you use the online installer?
  • Did you check the paths to tinymce, resp. ckeditor?
    They both have to be placed into /webyep-system/program/opt. Also, all letters must be lower-case!
  • What happens, when you enter the following URLs in your browser?
    your-domain.com/webyep-system/program/opt/ckeditor/_samples/index.html
    your-domain.com/webyep-system/program/opt/tinymce/examples/index.html