Using WebYep with Scrollable text stacks

General discussions about WebYep
bobmax48

Using WebYep with Scrollable text stacks

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 pm

I would like to use WebYep with a scrollable text stack in Rapidweaver. Is this possible? With most scrollable stacks you can multiple enteries that scroll by. I would like to be able to update these entries when we have an emergency or have documents that the members need to download.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Re: Using WebYep with Scrollable text stacks

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:17 pm

bobmax48 wrote:I would like to use WebYep with a scrollable text stack in Rapidweaver. Is this possible?

There should be no problem with this. Even if something shouldn't work as expected, you can alwas put a plain HTML stack into any other stack and there you can enter arbitrary PHP (i.e. the code necessay for the WebYep elements you want to use).

bobmax48

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 pm

I have played with WebYeb in a scrollable stack. Since most of the scrollable stacks have separate text entry sections I tried to add WebYep to each section but only one of the section installations allowed any editing. Is there a way to specify instances of WebYep on a page? I am astonished that no one has thought of using WebYep in a scrollable/News ticker stack. To me this seems to be one of the essential ways to use the code.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

I have to admit, I'm not an expert in RapidWeaver, nor any of its various plugins, so forgive me if I say something strange.
bobmax48 wrote:I have played with WebYeb in a scrollable stack.
Are you talking about the Stacks plugin from yourhead, or a third party plugin for the Stacks plugin?

bobmax48 wrote:Since most of the scrollable stacks have separate text entry sections I tried to add WebYep to each section but only one of the section installations allowed any editing. Is there a way to specify instances of WebYep on a page?
I'm not sure what you mean with 'instances of WebYep' - are you referring to the various WebYep elements (ShortText, LongText, Image, Gallery, ...)?
Also, do you use the WebYep stacks from tsooj media?

As I've mentioned before, if all else fails, your can always add an HTML Stack (included in the original Stacks plugin) to your scrollable Stack and enter the required code there.

bobmax48

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes I am using the Stacks system from Yourhead and trying to use a Stacks plugin from Will Woodgate called News Ticker. By instances I am talking about running multiple WebYep php code on a page. I see now that when I login to WebYep that it unlocks all of the WebYep code instances on the same page. I do have the WebYep stacks from Tsooj Media but I am have not used them. I am only just using the php code listed in the documentation.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:53 pm

Just to be sure: you mean the "News Slider" from Will Woodgate and not "Newsticker" from Tsooj media, do you?

If so, then (according to the manual of News Slider, see attached image), you can place various Stacks there. So you can either use the WebYep stacks from Tsooj media, or the HTML stack from the Stacks plugin (I think it's called 'Plain HTML', but I'm not sure).
If you just want to use the PHP code from the WebYep documentation, you'd place (plain)HTML stacks in the News Slider and fill them with whatever PHP/HTML you want.
Attachments
News Slider.png
Manual page of News Slider
News Slider.png (64.04 KiB) Viewed 6906 times

bobmax48

Post by bobmax48 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:07 pm

Thank you for your help. I have tried both of the Stacks and have the same problem with both of them where you are only able to edit one of the multiple text/html stacks in either plugin. Maybe new WebYeb code that would create a news area that can be edited online and allow for scrolling would be something to consider for a future update.

joost

Post by joost » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:39 pm

I wasn't aware of this topic but I've already had contact on the RapidWeaver forum with bob and at the moment I'm working on a Newsticker stack for Webyep.
So you are able to edit the Newsticker text items online using an WebYep long text or rich text element.

A simple example is shown on this page http://www.tsooj.net/tutorials/webyepst ... ticker.php

Best,
Joost