TinyMCE and WebYep

General discussions about WebYep
martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

TinyMCE and WebYep

Post by martinjbull » Thu Mar 10, 2011 11:07 am

I know this is not really a WebYep question but I am now desperate and have no-one else to ask!
I use WebYep on lots of sites and want to give a client a TinyMCE plugin called Image Manager. I have it, paid for it, all sorted. But the installation instructions at Moxiecode's site are with all respect unclear.
My question is astonishingly basic. How do i install the ImageManager plugin?
To use TinyMCE in WebYep all I have to do is put the TinyMCE folder in the opt folder in WebYeb. Simple. But I can not find what to do with the Imagemanager files I have bought and downloaded.
Please can anyone help? The guys on the forum at Moxie are, i am sure, really great and want to help but I get answers like :
"Add imagemanager to the TinyMCE init plugins option" and "Add insertimage to the list of buttons in the TinyMCE init options."
Well I would if I knew what that meant! Where are 'the init options'? Where do they live? How are they configured? What 'list of buttons?' There seems to be no explanation as to HOW these essential steps are done...

(At the risk of going even more off point, I feel like someone asking to learn how to drive a car who is told 'engage the correct gear after proper clutch technique is applied'. I respond "where is the clutch?' only to be told 'the use of the clutch will secue seamless power delivery' etc. The question would remain.. 'Where's the clutch..?"

Here's hoping!

martinjbull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: TinyMCE and WebYep

Post by martinjbull » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:26 pm

OK-an update
I have now (after several hours!) found it. It is in the rich-text-tinymce.php file in the program/editors folder. There's a line of code starting with

Code: Select all

tinyMCE.init({
and you have to add the word 'imagemanager' to the string of plugins.

marcus
Objective Development
Objective Development

Post by marcus » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Sorry for the late reply, but for various reasons it is not recommended to alter the program code of WebYep!
The right way to do it, would be to create an init file, like described in the WebYep documentation. You can place all init options in this file and still upgrade WebYep without breaking anything.
WebYep Documentation wrote:Each WYSIWG editor has its own unique features and way to set them up. ... To apply these settings, you can create an optional setup file within the webyep-system/program/opt folder. The file needs to be named tinymce_init.php for TinyMCE ... (click the file's name for an example for that file's content).

JustMigrating

Post by JustMigrating » Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 am

This could be the solution I was looking for regarding trying to integrate iBrowser with TinyMCE.